• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GTX 980 Owners Thread

Soldato
Good modding.... what did you stick those heat sinks down with?

Used the glue from the Alpenföhn Passive DRAM / VRAM Chip set, bought the set a while back from OCUK to use on 290X. Ended up swapping the card out so the set was just sitting here. Thought might as well put it to use on the 980. Massive difference in temps, under 50c full load :D

Soldato
Used the glue from the Alpenföhn Passive DRAM / VRAM Chip set, bought the set a while back from OCUK to use on 290X. Ended up swapping the card out so the set was just sitting here. Thought might as well put it to use on the 980. Massive difference in temps, under 50c full load :D

Are the heat sinks easy to remove once they've been on a while?

Soldato
Nice boom!

Ty :)

Are the heat sinks easy to remove once they've been on a while?

No idea mate, first time I've used them. I'll likely sell this card on with the Antec 920 and heatsinks installed, so will probably never find out if they come off :D

That's pretty good temps. Never seen those little heatsinks before, they're cute :3

Cheers, yeah it's nice and cool / quiet. Gaming doesn't even hit 50c. awesome lil cards these.

I imagine when the Ti and Titan X come along we'll see crazy temps again, although Nvidia might go back to using a vapor chamber in the reference cooler, so might not be to bad.

Last edited:
Associate
dm8y8l.jpg

juy251.jpg

My EVGA 980 GTX SC with NZXT G10 with logo removed and a swish GeForce Sticker from auction site.

Last edited:
Associate
Just grabbeb myself a EVGA SC 980 too, coming from a 780.
Card will do 1500mhz boost clock on stock volts and ref cooler. Upping the voltage in Precison makes no difference, tried AB too and no joy. Anyone notice a voltage hike improve the OC on the EVGA cards?

Memory will barely break +100 before it falls over which is a shame.

Back
Top Bottom