Steam Support - As Good As They Ever Were

Associate
Morning,

So after building my gaming PC (thanks to all the member who helped me out with that one) I have been trying to get into my Steam account that I set up about 11 years ago with loads of games on it, problem is I can't remember the password or the email address I signed up with.

So off I go to the incredible Steam Support Services, put my problem in complete with all the info that they would need, get my ticket number and I think all will be well. However....that was 9 days ago now, and still no reply.

I remember Steam / Valve being a pain in the backside years ago when I was playing Counter-Strike, guess some things will never change. My question is, has anyone actually had any success with Steam Support?

Associate
OP
I thought I did know the email and password however I don't get the verification email when I ask to reset password, it was a good 11 - 12 years ago that I set it up!

Must have been one of my more obscure emails a long time ago. But steam has all my details including paypal transactions and all the information they need, just can't believe how long its taking them to respond!

Associate
My email provider seems to have an amazing penchant for stopping steam support emails without even putting them in the spam folder. They just never arrive at all. I had to add the steam email as a contact before I could receive them.

The most helpful part of this post is that I can't remember what the email you need to add is.

I'll try and look it up at home tonight but have a Google and see.

Associate
OP
My email provider seems to have an amazing penchant for stopping steam support emails without even putting them in the spam folder. They just never arrive at all. I had to add the steam email as a contact before I could receive them.

The most helpful part of this post is that I can't remember what the email you need to add is.

I'll try and look it up at home tonight but have a Google and see.

That's a great idea I will have a look and try that, I'm 99% sure the email I used was a Hotmail account which I now have access to again, still not receiving the steam emails though.

I had it for a few years, had CS, Condition Zero, all the Half Life's at the time, I might be being a bit cheap but it would save a bit of money. Plus its now become a challenge haha. Anyone still play CS these days?

Back
Top Bottom