Alien: Isolation...

Soldato
Vincent, found an article by the mirror that people used the dk2 for an isolation demo. Not sure why its not supported by the full game then as i was looking forward to it.

Cant link on xbone sorry

Isolation demo supported Oculus but Isolation game does not. No idea why

Has anyone tried using their DK2 with Isolation full to see what happens? My guess is that someone will try and get it working somehow

TMP

TMP

Associate
Isolation demo supported Oculus but Isolation game does not. No idea why

Has anyone tried using their DK2 with Isolation full to see what happens? My guess is that someone will try and get it working somehow

It only supported oculus in a one off 'prototype' build of a challenge map level (challenge map 16), the game itself was never going to run on oculus unfortunately, it was thought about to late.

Man of Honour
AS-RS57GT.jpg

:o

Soldato
Nostromo dlc

Me and my brother in law had a go on this to try and finish it. It's very short but bloody hard, even on easy. There's very few places to hide and the long corridors are absolutely punishing on medium and hard difficulties. The bit in the vent though with the woman giving commentary from the film was amazing. I played as Dallas to get the whole experience and died numerous times in the vent trying to get away from it. The ending is nigh on impossible though. Managed to do it on easy but there's no chance it would be possible on hard. I'd like to be proved wrong though!

Soldato
When do you get torching device? There're few rooms in early stages but can't access them...I'm now in Appolo area, those damn androids and gotta access COMMs to send info to TORRENS...

Soldato
wow the atmosphere in this game is just incredible. Being a huge fan of the alien movies its one of the best games iv played in along time.

The first time you meet the alien properly is just heart pounding and im loving it.
Feels like your in the first alien movie.

Soldato
wow the atmosphere in this game is just incredible. Being a huge fan of the alien movies its one of the best games iv played in along time.

The first time you meet the alien properly is just heart pounding and im loving it.
Feels like your in the first alien movie.

Never had a game that increased my heart rate before, really enjoying this game so glad I didn't cancel my pre-order due to some of the reviews it got.

Playing in 4k with FOV@75 is just insane and with a soundcard and decent headphones this truly is epic. :cool:

Soldato
Are you using chromatic aberration? I know it looks cleaner with it off but I kinda like the effect in this.
With the lights off and my studio monitor speakers this looks and sounds amazing in 3440x1440.
I tried taking the fov to 75 but it looks a little too strange for me.

Soldato
That Alien Isolation - Staylin Alive YT video Sharpy posted has put the game right back on my want list. It reminded me of the awesome Atari Jaguar version of Alien v Predator which has yet to be beaten !

Hahah! So... errrrr... hows this comparing to your 1994 unbeaten Jaguar experience?

Soldato
Are you using chromatic aberration? I know it looks cleaner with it off but I kinda like the effect in this.
With the lights off and my studio monitor speakers this looks and sounds amazing in 3440x1440.
I tried taking the fov to 75 but it looks a little too strange for me.

Not tried it no.

Need to stop looking up ceiling vents, getting paranoid.

Associate
Just playing through and died with my first encounter. Do you guys hear any sound effects when you die? its like the sound cuts out and all i can hear is the music?

Back
Top Bottom