Folding@home News 25th Sept - 2nd Oct

Soldato
Also make sure you've got a password for your folding@home account. Allows you to get the quick return bonus. I'm getting about 140K PPD on each of my R280X's using Catalyst 14.4

Yes I have a password already. My current estimated PPD for my 290s at stock is 165K each :eek: things have certainly changed since the last time I folded. I've also a 7970 and 2 x 7950, I might fire them up just to see what potential PPD I could get.

Soldato
Yes I have a password already. My current estimated PPD for my 290s at stock is 165K each :eek: things have certainly changed since the last time I folded. I've also a 7970 and 2 x 7950, I might fire them up just to see what potential PPD I could get.
do it!! haha.
my guess around six - hundred - thousand ppd :o

Associate
Guys do u still need to add the advanced tag? Or is that redundant these days? My lappy finished its first unit well done mobile maxwell !

Ok my team rank seems to be 162, lets see if i can change that before I get home and start crunching my x2 970 and x2 780ti's.

Soldato
Guys do u still need to add the advanced tag? Or is that redundant these days? My lappy finished its first unit well done mobile maxwell !

Ok my team rank seems to be 162, lets see if i can change that before I get home and start crunching my x2 970 and x2 780ti's.

you mean for the core 17s on gpu?

client-type
advanced

I best watch out for you rocketing up behind me then with all that power, although ive just secured a little something else to keep everybody held back ;)

Soldato
well I managed to sort out many issues

1. drivers kept crashing and restarting WU's ( fixed hopefully )
2. the temps were stupid inside the case , top gpu reaching 80c.
3. cpu cooler was broken so replaced this.

and now....

top pic with new cooler on and the bottom pic just about shows the broken freezer 13 pro

the psu could handle a 3rd psu with ease BUT the heat would be stupid in this case + I need a new clutch and dual mass fly wheels arnt cheap :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom