Nero Burning Rom 6 alternative

Associate
I just discovered my old faithful nero6 don't work at all on Windows 7. I am looking for a program with similar functions as Nero without having to pay £50 for the privilege. Nero allowed you to edit every individual wav file to edit out a long pause in a track or fade in/out a track. Very useful when making a compilation cd. Any programs I should try?

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
You can get the latest edition of Burning ROM for £25 or so. You have to supply your email address before you download the trial version in order to get the voucher.

Associate
OP
It installed on my W7 with a warning that it was not compatible , but fails to start. Did a search and people have had mixed results, I may do a install of XP
on an old PC I have laying about but that is a lot of bother, CDburnerxp works well but does not have the features that Nero has. Will have a look at the Ashampoo software.
Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Another vote for Ashampoo,btw I just got an email from Ashampoo for an offer of £5.59 on full version Ashampoo Burning Studio 14,at that price I had to buy it :D .

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What is missing is the function where you can import a track or tracks from a cd and change how long it is by fading it out a few seconds early, or fade a track in to miss out a rubbish intro, etc. I once edited out all the chatter in between tracks on the album Songs For The Deaf by Queens Of The Stone Age, [if you are familiar with that cd you will know what I mean]. There is nothing wrong with Cdburnerxp but It lacks this function.

Soldato
Real shame after Nero 6 it has become just bloated rubbish.

If I need Nero I boot up an older OS, wasted ages with chopped,hacked versions etc all were rubbish...Why can't they just sell a simple lightweight version before CD/DVD's are totally extinct ?

Back
Top Bottom