*** The Official BlackBerry Z10 & Q10 Thread ***

Caporegime
Yas, have you seen the news over at Crackberry about Vodafone are only going to be offering the Passport to business customers?

Yep i heard that, when i asked in store they just all looked at me with blank stares...really amazes me that they dont know what is going on with the company that they work for:confused:

But as for Voda??, strange decision to make it only available to business customers. I bet if you rung them up they would sell one to you as a normal customer. I reckon they are doing this because they dont want to have too much stock left over so are seeing how the sales go etc.

Soldato
I went into my local CPW today and now there is absolutely no sign of any BlackBerry products. 2 weeks ago they had a Z10, Z30 and Q10 all on display. Mind you they were plugged in but not charging and that had been the case for over a month, so they might aswell had just been dummy units.

I really do like Crackberry but there seems to be twice as many useless posts on their forum as there is good ones.

I request once again that this thread be renamed.

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems that the specs for the Classic have leaked over at N4BB. Very disappointed myself as the specs are very similar to that of the Z10 which was released over 18 months ago.

Caporegime
It seems that the specs for the Classic have leaked over at N4BB. Very disappointed myself as the specs are very similar to that of the Z10 which was released over 18 months ago.

Hoopefully Blackberry will price it correctly, no way should this phone be anything over £400 sim free. If they go with that price then they might as well call it a day as it wont sell for that much, should be priced around £300ish.

Specs wise it isnt that great, passport is the flagship and this will probably be the lower device especially with the specs it has on it.

Not interested in getting one as i love my passport, got used to the size of it now and the keyboard is fantastic but the classic will hopefully get the ones still on BBOS onto BB10 finally.

I have a feeling it will do well as long as its priced well, this is the phone BB10 should have started with a couple of years ago.

But im looking forward to trying one out regardless.

Soldato
I have had the Z10 since launch and was really hoping that the Classic would have a much better CPU and RAM. Maybe not that of the Passport but at least 2GB of RAM would have been nice and at the very least, same spec CPU as the Z30.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
The thing is, BB10 doesn't require killer specs. In the slightest. I notice very little improvement in every day use from the Q10 to the passport, the main thing I find as a big improvement is the screen resolution. I suppose some android apps run a bit smoother but a big part of that came with 10.3 on the q10 as well....

Soldato
I do agree with you Hxc I think I just got a bit annoyed because when I saw the leaked specs over at N4BB it stated that the Camera on the Classic can do 1080p at 30FPS. I was really hoping just for a bump up to 60FPS. So after reading that I was on a bit of a downer on the specs.
I do want to get the Classic but I feel that if I am throwing down north of £300 on a new phone, then it'll really just be a side-step from my Z10.

How do you guys, that have picked up a Passport feel about 'Working Wide' Does it add to your experience? Does it hinder it?

Caporegime
Working wide is possibly the best slogan for the passport, now i can more or less my spreadsheets without having to scroll much or zoom in or out like i had to on my z30 or z10. For me its a godsend in that respect also i see more webpage content without having to again scroll side to side or zoom in/out.

Pretty sure the Classic will have 2gb of RAM from what i read last bit then that was a few mths ago. I'll probably try and have a play of one if i can, might get one myself through my company to see if its any good as most of my guys that work for the company are on 9900's with a few z10's and z30's. Got a lot of attention with my passport so i might end up getting either the passport or classic to replace the 9900's, z10's and z30's.

Soldato
I am thinking more and more about getting a Passport but I will have to see when the Classic comes out, which I prefer.

I do really miss the cursor of old Blackberry's. I'm wondering if the Classic will have a cursor, as I found it super handy for Web pages. I miss my 9900.

Really the only thing now that I am disliking about the BlackBerry product, and it isn't even BlackBerry, it's the fact that everyone is still using WhatsApp and doesn't realise the superiority of BBM! If I could uninstall WhatsApp and use BBM, I'd be a happy guy.

Caporegime
I am thinking more and more about getting a Passport but I will have to see when the Classic comes out, which I prefer.

I do really miss the cursor of old Blackberry's. I'm wondering if the Classic will have a cursor, as I found it super handy for Web pages. I miss my 9900.

Really the only thing now that I am disliking about the BlackBerry product, and it isn't even BlackBerry, it's the fact that everyone is still using WhatsApp and doesn't realise the superiority of BBM! If I could uninstall WhatsApp and use BBM, I'd be a happy guy.

Ermmm u could if you really wanted to?? uninstall whatsapp, ive done it and told everyone that i know that if they want to get in touch with me then bbm or text me...simples.

At first most of my friends just texted me then slowly but surely they have all installed bbm onto their iphones and androids...so now i have majority of them on my BBM. Some havent and just text me which is fine but majority of the time i dont bother texting back to them unless its majorly important.

I just put my foot down and stopped using whatsapp.

As for the cursor?? on the passport i dont have any issues clicking on links by touching the screen but i wouldnt be surprised if BB further develop the OS for the passport to allow us to have a cursor on the screen.

Good luck in whichever phone u go for ie classic or passport. Personally i cant see myself using anything but a passport...i tried using my z30 and it just seemed so small.

Permabanned
I still use a Blackberry 9720, can't fault it for £80 delivered manufactured refurb from ebay. :)

I wouldn't want a large touch screen phone as need a keyboard. Good thing for £80 don't mind if i drop it or what not.

i would like to have a bb classic or q5 but my work doesn't do bes 10 yet.

Soldato
Is anybody using a case for their Passport?

I have a CaseMate Tough on my Z10 and I love it. Before that I had the official BlackBerry hard shell case on my Bold 9900

I'm looking for a case for a Passport similar to these two. I don't like the official hard shell for the passport as it leaves the edges exposed. That's just a personal preference which I don't like.

Soldato
The Classic is up for pre-order on USA and Canada ShopBlackBerry... Shouldn't be long before it is up on the UK site.

Also Chen confirmed that the Red Passport will be available in limited quantities for Thanksgiving

Associate
Still using my Q10 for £99. Wonder how much the classic will cost.
Really want the note 4 but think the classic might be better option.

Back
Top Bottom