• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wondering How To Get A Job As A Gaming Scientist? Ask Richard Huddy from AMD!

Soldato
Maybe the video is in beta still , But dont despair once its sorted we can all see :)
Really though i'm sure Matt will link it once its ready

Associate
It was supposed to be ready, just not being posted due to the financial statements from AMD not being out.

But those financial statements have been out for almost 2 days now.

Soldato
With yesterday's job cut announcements and their share price taking a kicking in the process I wouldn't be surprised if this video was either delayed or cancelled completely. Anything anyone directly representing amd says at the moment could have knock on effects to share price. This could also explain Matt's silence atm, possible amd have asked for PR to go silent until the dust settles.

I'm sure Matt will be fine, speaking from personal experience it's not pleasant hearing your company is up against the wall and cutting jobs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anybody heard from Matt? I hope his job is safe.

He's been posting in the monitors section

I wouldnt imagine people will know for weeks or months - in the UK you have to do a consultation period and offer people voluntary before making compulsory redundancies, though most places do a last in first out rule if it goes as far as compulsory

Last edited:
Soldato

I wouldnt imagine people will know for weeks or months - in the UK you have to do a consultation period and offer people voluntary before making compulsory redundancies

It would depend on the employees contract of employment, lots of places now force probation periods at the start of a job to allow them to get rid of staff with no reason or repercussion.

Soldato
What a shame LtMatilda didn't do the interview. :(

S8Y3HNpl.jpg

87899101.jpg

Caporegime

I wouldnt imagine people will know for weeks or months - in the UK you have to do a consultation period and offer people voluntary before making compulsory redundancies

It would depend on the employees contract of employment, lots of places now force probation periods at the start of a job to allow them to get rid of staff with no reason or repercussion.

From my time as a Union Rep, I can say without doubt that he would be on a trial period (possibly 6 months) and in that time, they can get shot of him without cost.

Associate
Hi folks - The video is in final stages of being cut, sorry for the delays - Expect to see something middle of next week on Kitguru. There was more footage than originally planned, so it's taken a little more time to edit into a series than planned. :)

Associate
Naw - Just involved with the project (A quick search of my posts will give you my history). I work at AMD, figured as people were asking I'd share an update.

Caporegime
Middle of next week? Wtf...from the sounds of it the video was never going to make Yesterday in any case if its gonna take till next week to see it. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom