Which ISP - Torrent Friendley

Associate
Hi guys

I have been waiting for sky to activate my line for 16 days! Im fed up so they are having it in a bit on the phone. Who should I go with?

My Requirements:

MUST ALLOW P2P (Don't give me a lecture please), its not for illegal stuff, but actually use for work

Speed (Not an issue)

Unlimited (Must be really unlimited or just cap speed, as I dont mind going slowly and can leave overnight). I work in Automotive industry and sometimes need HUGE files 10Gb off clients although not too often once a week maybe. Yes most do give u a HTML download link, but some dont, even my boss does the Torrent thing. Virgin are a definite NO NO!

I only need Phone line and Broadband, no need for TV. Any advice? Cheap as possible please (Hence sky at £15.40) I was going to use and they dont block P2P stuff as check on my uncles Sky Braodband the other weekend!

Cheers

Sheldon

Last edited:

Soldato
Stick with sky

Never had a problem with them and p2p

Regularly down a couple of terabytes a month without issue(sky fibre)

Associate
OP
I called them on 4th. They agreed line activated on 14th etc...
Got router etc... alll plugged in, line still not working on 15th so rang, they said line is activated and working and all tests say line is fine. I say well it clearly isnt as phone doesnt work! They said someone would be out within 72 hours, but probably that day (Great I thought)

18th I spoke to customer services saying I wanted to cancel, he said hes an ENGINEER and there is a fault near my end of the line and someone would be out with me by 12 today, and I would get a phone call to say they on the way. STILL NOT rang or anything!

Oh and to top it off they sending me bills from 14th! I have right to cancel up until the end of the day which is why its sorted today or I cancel!

Associate
OP
Yup sky here and fine with p2p.

Saying that I also had virgin and had no issues with them either.

Also 16 days for activation, try waiting 2 months!

Virgin are very strict on ANYTHING! Blocks loads of sites (Even ones I cant work out why) and would not allow me to get any work files.

Associate
OP
With plusnet and torrents going 8.5MB/s. But didn't have any issues with sky either. Just a bit cheaper with plusnet...

£15.40 all in with Sky at min so bit cheaper then plus net..... and plusnet said 5 weeks..... tho at this rate so will sky!

I know where your coming from with Engineer (I doubt a REAL engineer even works for them)

Associate
£15.40 all in with Sky at min so bit cheaper then plus net..... and plusnet said 5 weeks..... tho at this rate so will sky!

That is for standard broadband since I doubt sky would give those kinds of discounts for their fibre pro package (which is the equivalent of what daz87uk has on plusnet), so for fibre, plusnet would be the cheaper option.

Associate
They're doing £75 cashback on plusnet atm and £100 through quidco... £175 knocked off the bill and thats for boggo standard internets for 12months :D

Associate
OP
Guys I had to post up and keep you upto date. As you might have seen MissChief "Alan" sent me a message saying he might be able to help. He said he would look into it at 5m when he go into office. 5.09pm my phone rings, Alan apologies and informs me what is happening along with sorting out my bill.

Really Impressed, and a Big thank you to him. He even said he would chase again later today if I haven't heard from the BT engineer. Thank you very much Alan.

Associate
OP
Thank you. I was abit worried I didnt want to advertise you too much, but you deserve a huge Thank you! Really Appreciated. No one has called yet.

Back
Top Bottom