• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wondering How To Get A Job As A Gaming Scientist? Ask Richard Huddy from AMD!

Soldato
Well, not really the same. Equally as poor though.
My words are specific, it's when AMD actually give a date. I remember in Bulldozers "launch", they went on record with an official 30-90 window (Or 60-90) and missed it completely.

That was only the press saying when AMD were gong to apparently going to release it you should learn not to take everything you read on 2 bit rumor mill sites at face value.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
No it wasn't? It was an AMD event, AMD's slides. AMD's windows.

Correct on BD martini, then to make matters worse it was a paper launch release with no eta on when it would actually hit etailers.

290X launch however got whipped into a mass hysteria of 'AMD said' when they didn't say anything out with along the lines of 'it's coming', maybe Freddie's thinking about that?

Caporegime
The 7970 paper launched rather than out and out launched, delayed (But had no actual announcements, like most products rarely do) probably stock issues? Can't remember. It reviewed in 2011 December, the dying days. Launched in etailers Jan 2012. But that's no different to Fermi being delayed.

The 290 was delayed (Again, no official announcement. But stock was with E-tailers, and a date given, but it got changed).
Can't remember the 290X?

I remember the 69XX's were delayed so they could sand coolers. But again, no date given?

Caporegime
7970/290 I think were both waiting on public drivers, paper launched with reviewer only drivers, and yeah, 69 series needed a corner buffed off one of the Pci-e connectors for the coolers to fit.

How could they have been waiting on a public driver when they'd have had one on their accompanying discs :p?

The 290's delay coincided with a newer driver to make it review better I think?

Associate
Richard answers exactly that question in the video. I'll ignore the off-topic posts, and try and steer this back to topic. As Flopper mentioned these things can take time - Video is a tricky medium. I've seen the near final cut, so I don't think we're far off now.

@ Gregster - From what I recall a couple of your questions were answered quite directly.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom