Stuck in a rut

Caporegime
This is the cheesiest thing i have ever written but do you have someone to share your life with ?

IE: BF or GF..

If yes then ok.. Cant help do what they say above.
If No go get one and start doing 'stuff' together for a start. Its amazing.
Even if its someone to bitch with life is better.

Soldato
I am 30, similar life style, don't see myself as stuck in a rut. Its all a matter of perspective. I was fortunate enough to reach a very low low in my life which allows me to be grateful for just having a mundane and average life. Instead of thinking, oh my life is rubbish, i think, damn i have it great, just ordered a pizza from pizzahut with some cheesy jalapeno bites. I got my feet up and i am about to watch a film on my projector and a fridge full of beers. That old saying, you don't now what you got until its gone. People rarely appreciate their simple lives until they have been ridiculously close to a terrible prolonged life experience. You may find that if you don't fix that attitude on life or outlook, it won't matter what you fill your life with, beautiful women, amazing hoilday's, success at work, great experiences doing hobbies that you enjoy, you will still find yourself even after all those things in same position feeling sorry for yourself. I know my dad fell victim to this mentality, it took years to talk him out of it and he still has a terrible fear of being alone. It is that inner voice telling you that there is more out there and you missing out on it. Just have to learn to be at peace with your life and make the best out of every day, easier said than done but its not impossible.

Brilliant post mate.....and a thread-ender right there :)

Associate
^^ I regret clicking it...

But also
xmas_smiley_016.gif

Associate

After loosing a good mate and forum member to them "ending it" I wouldn't suggest this.

Instead talk to others about how you feel and maybe look at do something for yourself that you enjoy. Or start a new hobby. If I could suggest anything join a running club so many hot women to men ratio at my running club. Wish I was single.

Associate
I think you should look for a local Spice group near you. My boss was in a similar position to you and hated life, now he likes it, met a girl there and now looking at moving in together and he does quite a bit in life.

Soldato
I started feeling like this a while back, then I took up some awesome hobbies and met lots of great new people. You have to put in the effort to make life fun. My life is very uncomplicated and when I look at the mess some of my mates are in, I appreciate the fact that I have my own house, disposable income and very little stress. Don't feel like you have to conform to other peoples' idea of a "normal" lifestyle. :)

Soldato
I am 30, similar life style, don't see myself as stuck in a rut. Its all a matter of perspective. I was fortunate enough to reach a very low low in my life which allows me to be grateful for just having a mundane and average life. Instead of thinking, oh my life is rubbish, i think, damn i have it great, just ordered a pizza from pizzahut with some cheesy jalapeno bites. I got my feet up and i am about to watch a film on my projector and a fridge full of beers. That old saying, you don't now what you got until its gone. People rarely appreciate their simple lives until they have been ridiculously close to a terrible prolonged life experience. You may find that if you don't fix that attitude on life or outlook, it won't matter what you fill your life with, beautiful women, amazing hoilday's, success at work, great experiences doing hobbies that you enjoy, you will still find yourself even after all those things in same position feeling sorry for yourself. I know my dad fell victim to this mentality, it took years to talk him out of it and he still has a terrible fear of being alone. It is that inner voice telling you that there is more out there and you missing out on it. Just have to learn to be at peace with your life and make the best out of every day, easier said than done but its not impossible.

+1 on that, i went through a horrible divorce 7 years ago and was in a horrible marriage for 3 years, now my life is only a little less mundane that the OP's but i'm loving it. I enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom