******* Official Football Manager 2015 Thread *******

Soldato
This may be just me, but..........

The sidebar being where it is means more mouse movement which seems wasted, if that makes sense to anyone?

Being at the top seemed more ergonomic?

Soldato
Hmm, sounds like you need to tweak the database a little although that is a bit odd? Maybe you miss clicked a setting?

I've just double checked, and all top Spanish teams are listing U19s in my save.

I'm actually really liking it so far. Even the interface is growing on me.

I loaded a new save up, with which the database included "all players from these nations" for Spain and Germany, and still virtually no players in the U19s. A fair few U19 players in their B team squads though, so I'll just stick with that - think I'm at 82,000 players for my database.

i would go above 100,000 if my PC could take it, but give it a decade worth of seasons and my 82,000 is over 100,000 anyway! So starting with 100,000 could mean 120,000+ after ten seasons or so!!

Dele Alli is such a good player.

Associate
Thanks Phil, started a new database with your settings and now have same amount of players but game running a lot quicker. Time to get started with my season now!

Man of Honour
God yes. It feels completely different to 14, but in a good way. The interface takes some getting used to, and I'm still not sure I completely like it, but it is growing on me. But the game is so much better. The ME is brilliant, and I've seen loads of new animations. I've only seen one debatable moment in the ME so far when my GK dropped the ball and left it for a few seconds. Scouting is vastly improved too, and now I actually want to look after my players. I'm sure there are lots of little niggles but I haven't seen many at the moment.

Associate
I've just started a new game on the beta trying to take Hayes and Yeading from the Vanarama South to the Premier League. I'm going to running a blog detailing the journey and discussing some of the new features as and when they I come across them, please take a look if you think it would interest you:

www.hyfm.uk/

Any feedback would be most welcome :)

Man of Honour
I've just started a new game on the beta trying to take Hayes and Yeading from the Vanarama South to the Premier League. I'm going to running a blog detailing the journey and discussing some of the new features as and when they I come across them, please take a look if you think it would interest you:

www.hyfm.uk/

Any feedback would be most welcome :)

I managed to do this in 14 with Hayes and Yeading. Was a tough ask mind you, as I started out unemployed with sunday league experience.

Just out of interest what do you guys play as - a tracksuit or tactical manager? Do you think it makes much difference? I've started my first save half way between the two, hoping to make the best of both worlds.

Associate
I managed to do this in 14 with Hayes and Yeading. Was a tough ask mind you, as I started out unemployed with sunday league experience.

Doing it in 14 years will be impressive! Did you struggle making the jump into any league in particular?

Just out of interest what do you guys play as - a tracksuit or tactical manager? Do you think it makes much difference? I've started my first save half way between the two, hoping to make the best of both worlds.

I've gone for tracksuit, as it means I can also be used in coaching, very useful in the lower leagues. Not sure if it's as useful the further up you go.

Man of Honour
Doing it in 14 years will be impressive! Did you struggle making the jump into any league in particular?

I've gone for tracksuit, as it means I can also be used in coaching, very useful in the lower leagues. Not sure if it's as useful the further up you go.

I meant I managed it in Fm2014. It took years but I forget how many. Biggest problem was rebuilding the squad every season with limited funds, but that's quite common across the board. As soon as I could I developed the backroom team as this was important to my scouting and training. Then I developed the stadium. I had trouble every season :D It's very difficult when you have very little sponsorship and funding from season to season. A challenge!

Associate
Anyone getting some very strange results even for FM standards? As it stands in league table I'm 9th and I've lost every game to bottom half teams this season yet thrashed current league leaders 5-1 as well as beating 2nd, 4th and 6th. Normally I'd just take it as those funny results in football but there's a pattern developing as the season goes on, I beat better teams comfortably and lose (often heavily) against worse teams.

Other than that I really like the new animations, there are tonnes of subtle ones you don't see often like turns on the ball and first touches etc, the stadiums are also cool with random clutter that changes each match. Once you get used to the interface it's quite intuitive and is growing on me. Biggest improvement for me is the scouting system, and it makes so much more sense to combine it with your player search page

Caporegime
Is it just me or does everyone have a terrible first touch? And everyone seems incapable of dribbling lol >.<

Like I say, all I see is potential, but this ME doesn't feel ready for release and I can't see that changing in 2 weeks either.
Still going back to my FM14 save.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is it just me or does everyone have a terrible first touch? And everyone seems incapable of dribbling lol >.<

Like I say, all I see is potential, but this ME doesn't feel ready for release and I can't see that changing in 2 weeks either.
Still going back to my FM14 save.

Dribbling might be down to tactics mate. My wingers in particular certainly dribble, all the way down the flanks in some instances. It's very impressive.

It's funny isn't it because I actually really like this ME over the others.

Back
Top Bottom