• Intel Core i7-4710HQ, bis 3.2 GHz
  • 16GB RAM
  • 1TB HDD
  • nVIDIA Geforce GTX980M DDR5 4GB
  • Blu-ray Reader / DVD Writer
  • 17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) Anti-Glare
  • Windows 8.1

...for £1370.

Ok so it has no SSD, but that still seems like a blinding price, right?

Thats price does seem very good for the spec.

Caporegime
Reviews for this machine are nothing short of excellent...

Digitaltrends - 9.5/10 http://www.digitaltrends.com/laptop-reviews/asus-rog-g751jy-dh71-review/

Computer Shopper - 4/5http://www.computershopper.com/laptops/reviews/asus-republic-of-gamers-g751

It gets big praise for:

• Being unusually quiet and cool even under extreme stress testing
  • Excellent quality IPS screen with very natural colours and great RGB coverage
  • Fantastic keyboard, main negative being red lettering hard to read without backlight
  • Great speakers and audio with integrated subwoofer
  • Build quality is great

Seems like an awesome machine. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It does look rather good the IPS screen is what sold it for me. I have the machine listed in my O/P on order just waiting on a delivery date but mid November is looking likely...

Associate
Hi all!

I am really into this series, and Im pretty sure some of you guys as well and constantly keeping dat eyes :) peeled for any updates related to this.
Is OC will stock these? Of course the question is when this series will hit UK market?

Associate
I have been refreshing overclockers for probably a few weeks now, waiting for the asus g751jy to show up. When is it going to be put on the website?! Seems the uk lagging so behind the U.S for this product. For places that do have it listed, it's not in stock (understandable) but I would still like to see it listed so i can place a pre order.

Caporegime
I have been refreshing overclockers for probably a few weeks now, waiting for the asus g751jy to show up. When is it going to be put on the website?! Seems the uk lagging so behind the U.S for this product. For places that do have it listed, it's not in stock (understandable) but I would still like to see it listed so i can place a pre order.

Send them a webnote, then post the reply here.

Associate
The response to the webnote was to post in the 'new product suggestions' forum, which I've done. No response there yet. Pretty ridiculous IMO, you'd think if they weren't sure they'd contact the person in-the-know to get back to me, instead of having me reach out again in a different form. On the other hand, I suspect if they knew something, they would have told us by now. So I guess maybe ASUS hasn't provided a firm date. I have seen Mid-November as a possible date elsewhere, hopefully that could be when we see it here.

If you look at the number of views on this thread, it is hugely popular compared to other threads in the Laptop forum. People are clearly interested in the ASUS G751JY / G751JT yet there is a distinct lack of information. If I hear nothing in the next two weeks I'll probably buy from Xotic PC -which I'd prefer not to do as they are U.S. based and would be a hassle dealing with the warranty from the UK should anything go wrong.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The response to the webnote was to post in the 'new product suggestions' forum, which I've done. No response there yet. Pretty ridiculous IMO, you'd think if they weren't sure they'd contact the person in-the-know to get back to me, instead of having me reach out again in a different form. I have seen Mid-November as a possible date elsewhere, hopefully that could be when we see it here.

Mid-November is when I am due to receive mine. :)

Soldato
Guys just a very fast report , i an late for work ! i can confirm this laptop is a BEAST crysis 3 . metro last light all maxed out at native and smooth as butter! And the screen is gorgeous, great angles and the matt finish of anti glare looks great !

Caporegime

Aghh please take it away. Worst video ever. :eek:

Guys just a very fast report , i an late for work ! i can confirm this laptop is a BEAST crysis 3 . metro last light all maxed out at native and smooth as butter! And the screen is gorgeous, great angles and the matt finish of anti glare looks great !

6 days until I can pick mine up! I am really looking forward to maying out all of my RTS and RPG games on full details and crazy AA on a large 1080p screen. I generally play games 2-10 years old so this laptop should last me friggen ages. Skyrim finally... YES! :D

Only issue I have is with the looks of the thing... the G750 is SO much nicer and more discreet, and doesn't have those red grills at the back or the silver and red logo on the top. It is just matte black goodness with a white keyboard.

Sigh, laptop designers at the big companies seem to get carried away with each iteration...

PS: rippling...give us a mini review tonight damn you. No benchies needed as those are all online, just your impressions of everything overall on a physical level, and cooling, typing, sound etc etc. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys, comming from a 680m alienware 17, this laptop seems far better in everyway, great brightness

Screen- great matte finish no reflections, pin sharp and great brightness.

Build quality is very good as is the keyboard, some people say the keys are hard to see cause they are red instead of white?. i dont see the problem as the back light is on....
Cooling Crysis 3 on max. I had it on my lap and it was cool to touch, and the keyboard is the same.

Bottom line i like it a lot!

Associate
I called ASUS UK and they said they can't provide me with an ETA for the G751 because this is 'not known'. They said they only have technical support available by phone, and NO SALES INFORMATION WHATSOEVER. Completely useless if you ask me.

The Asus G751JY-T7009H (the cheapest 980m model) was originally listed on Amazon UK on 29th August, TWO MONTHS AGO, yet it is STILL not in stock with Amazon nor at ANY other retailer in the UK. When the hell is this laptop going to be available? This is getting ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom