[PIC_THREAD] Wildlife, Animals, Birds, Zoo

Soldato
gizmo.png

Our good friend 'Gizmo' :)

Soldato
That last one has potential for me :) Looks quite regal in that chair but I would have liked to get more of the chair in. Just that chair framed to the left of the shot with a bit of space above and to the right :D

Soldato
Well heres a few wildlife shots I have taken over the couple of weeks, really learning the sweet spots and limitations of my sigma 75-300mm lens (and boy are there a few limitations)

Bird stayed long enough on one branch to allow me to try multiple exposures and apertures, and this is as sharp as i could get...

Bluetit in the trees 2 by dale.jrose, on Flickr

Took Advantage of the strong winds, which pretty much stopped the birds in their tracks.
Sea gull 2 by dale.jrose, on Flickr
Sea gull by dale.jrose, on Flickr
Strut your Stuff by dale.jrose, on Flickr
Hmm, pentaxs auto focus has a lot to be desired with this lens, waited ages for the shaft of light and the pigeon to take off, and the auto face didn't lock on until it was nearly out of focus,
Bloody Pigeon by dale.jrose, on Flickr
Squirrel ruined by dale.jrose, on Flickr
Squirrel by dale.jrose, on Flickr
robin and bokeh by dale.jrose, on Flickr
robin on a log by dale.jrose, on Flickr
not sure which of these two that i prefer
Peek-a-boo- I See you 2 by dale.jrose, on Flickr
peek-a-boo i see you by dale.jrose, on Flickr
she's a quaker by dale.jrose, on Flickr
All the ducks are swimming in the water by dale.jrose, on Flickr
badboy duck by dale.jrose, on Flickr
there was a squirrell in this picture 2 seconds before
SQUIRRELLL!!! by dale.jrose, on Flickr

Soldato
hehe :) Yeah it definitely helps when you don't have to crop much. It's a nice shot with all the colours and the detail in the bird is still pretty good.

I guess that lens is sharpest at F8 is it?

Soldato
OP
hehe :) Yeah it definitely helps when you don't have to crop much. It's a nice shot with all the colours and the detail in the bird is still pretty good.

I guess that lens is sharpest at F8 is it?

It appears so, I haven't used it a great deal yet. I got it mainly for airshows and motorsports really, I don't shoot wildlife. It was a miserable grey overcast day so I knew I'd be at high ISO anyway so just left it at f8 to see how it fared. All shots are handheld, I just grab them as I walk around with my daughter.

This is more like the actual colours on the day:

Slimbridge WWT by jj_glos, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom