Returning unopened TV to Tesco without receipt

Man of Honour
Basically, I am morally corrupt, and am thinking of getting the current Tesco Direct deal of an LG TV + Xbone for £484, and plan on returning the TV only (TV RRP is £299, only want the Xbone, this deal makes it cheap).

Pretty much no chance, I'd say. They'll have thought of this.

Soldato
Hassle of selling it. Then possible postage. Plus I doubt I'd get much above £200. Which then wouldn't make it much of a sweet deal.

But it's the only way you're going to make money from this. Companies only accept items without receipts if it's a shop exclusive, I'm assuming this LG TV is not a Tesco exclusive, therefore your chances of returning it are zero.

Soldato
But it's the only way you're going to make money from this. Companies only accept items without receipts if it's a shop exclusive, I'm assuming this LG TV is not a Tesco exclusive, therefore your chances of returning it are zero.

It's an LG 42LB5500 which is available at various other retailers too.

Associate
After all the support you're getting for the idea, I'm surprised you haven't done it already :D

Do it, if it doesn't work poop through Tesco's letterbox (That's a thing, shut up)

Soldato
no chance.

I'll quote you an email regarding the return of a Hudl2..

"If a store purchase we need all the details from the last line of the receipt, Date, Time and the 15 numbers
If it was a Tesco Direct purchase we need the order number and order date"

Man of Honour
If the CS person is competent they will want proof of purchase or sometimes will allow for a bank statement showing a transaction for the same price as the TV (at any recent offer price) which you can't.

You might get away with it but technically its a scam and they would be within their rights to take you to court to recover costs.

Associate
I'll bid £200.015!!

Gotta make allowances for P&P ;)

Ohhh maaaannnnn!! I'll see if I can get a pocket money allowance for this.

If tesco don't take it back, fleece it on an auctiony site. The issue you face is that this is currently a bundle so likely people will know this and not pay much, and I am sure this TV Model was recently on offer for under £220.00.

Back
Top Bottom