Driveclub more details

Soldato
Does not give you much confidence on Sony's network for future games like Call of Duty. Unless it is Driveclub specific servers.

The excuses are wearing thin tbh they have had plenty of time to have this sorted.

Soldato
Driveclub
7 mins ·
Message from Shuhei Yoshida - President of World Wide Studios
Hi everyone,
I wanted to provide you with the latest update on DRIVECLUB. Unfortunately, the road to launch has been a little rocky, and we are truly sorry that so many of you have not been able to enjoy everything that we had hoped DRIVECLUB would deliver.
We have been listening to your feedback and realize that patience understandably is running out. Evo is working around the clock to close the gap, and we have deployed additional engineering resources to help resolve the remaining issues as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the time frames required to roll out the fully connected experience will be longer than anticipated and we do not have an exact time frame for when they will be resolved. We will continue to update you on progress and you can find the latest info on the DRIVECLUB Facebook page.
We are also very conscious that we have disappointed so many of you who were looking forward to playing the promised PS Plus Edition. Our first priority is to provide you with the best possible experience while playing DRIVECLUB. With the high volume of new players and additional server load the PS Plus Edition is anticipated to bring, we are currently not confident that we can guarantee the best online experience. Until we can ensure that everyone can enjoy the full social connected online experience, we will be postponing the release of the PS Plus Edition until further notice.
On behalf of WWS we are enormously grateful for your patience and we thank you for the continued support and encouragement. Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay. We are committed to giving you the best racing experience on PS4 – it’s taking a little longer than we hoped.
Thanks,
Shu

Did anyone else read that in the voice of Dr Nick ???

cardinals-Dr-Nick-Simpsons1.jpg

Soldato
all the peeps waitin on the ps+ version to try it out, hows about tryin a shareplay game with someone on the forums to see what you think?

Its a shame that the server issues are having such a bad impact as im having a really good time with the game and find it to be a very good racer.

The only thing i have problems with now is creating challenges, leaderboards seem to be working, im connecting at each login now etc

Soldato
Im going to stick with it :p yes they have made a massive balls up and its still not working correctly even after the latest update today but when it does work its great lol :D

Caporegime
OP
all the peeps waitin on the ps+ version to try it out, hows about tryin a shareplay game with someone on the forums to see what you think?

Its a shame that the server issues are having such a bad impact as im having a really good time with the game and find it to be a very good racer.

The only thing i have problems with now is creating challenges, leaderboards seem to be working, im connecting at each login now etc

Ahh yes, try something out at 720p with input delay?

No thanks.

Associate
This, and now they have refused to refund me for their clearly defective game, I shall not be buying anything digitally from them again.

I shall be in the same boat as you on that one. Far too long has gone by now and the chance of a refund seems slim to none unfortunately. Although I thought I had a good deal with this game using 5% discount on credit purchase its still a real eye opener to the protection Sony has surrounding PSN purchased games.

Caporegime

I agree. I can connect pretty much every time now, but still lose the odd connection but it comes back in a minute. Apart from challenges everything is working for me.

BUT, this whole release has been dreadful. 2 weeks to the day tomorrow it was released. They can't even be honest and give a time frame (they must have some indication). If they just said, it will be at least 1 week or something like that, rather than these inane, samey, messages every few days.

To the person who said this will make Sony less complacent: Firmware 2.0 has caused its fair share of problems and bought most of the PSN features down for most of yesterday. I know they claim this is a DC specific issue, but it's not, This whole PSN Server issue will rear its head as soon as COD is released. It's been iffy for months now, I just don't game often enough for it to be a big issue, but I can honestly say PSN is worse now than PS3 days (bar the hacking incident).

rp2000

Associate
I'm just wondering if the "infamous" weather and replay patch will ever come, and if it does will people even care by that time......

Having recently re-installed this I was shocked that I still got disconnected from the server in a race.

I'm tempted to put a request for a refund in, although some people seem to be unsuccessful. Wouldn't mind having £34.99 to put towards gta v

Last edited:
Soldato
Complete joke - just read the "email" on Eurogamer

tempted to ask for a refund on my PS+ sub - only reason I kept it going recently was for Driveclub - I don't play "Indy" games really

Associate
BUT, this whole release has been dreadful. 2 weeks to the day tomorrow it was released. They can't even be honest and give a time frame (they must have some indication). If they just said, it will be at least 1 week or something like that, rather than these inane, samey, messages every few days.

rp2000

3 weeks tomorrow - game came out on the 10th for the UK. By next Tuesday it will have been available for 4 weeks to US customers.

Someone posted this on another forum but apparently the head of Playstation France alluding to the fact the issue is in the code with the amount of connections allowed and may be complex to resolve (link in French). Certainly believable if nothing else and far more specific answer given than the meaningless social network updates.
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/46666-driveclub-une-erreur-dans-la-programmation-du-jeu

I guess the reason to not give timeframes is that either they don't know or they don't want to admit publicly (i.e so bad that this might takes weeks or months to fully resolve). I haven't bought the game so can't comment on how good or bad it is, but I am shocked at the complete mismanagement of the impact of this bad launch. They are just letting this wildfire spread and spread.

Soldato
I'm just wondering if the "infamous" weather and replay patch will ever come, and if it does will people even care by that time......

The Driveclub PS+ Edition & Weather update will nothing but a myth, similar to GTA V online heists...

Having recently re-installed this I was shocked that I still got disconnected from the server in a race.

I'm the same, not all the time but still more often than it should after 3 weeks and multiple updates. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
I'm the same, not all the time but still more often than it should after 3 weeks and multiple updates. :rolleyes:

Yeah I'd be lying if I said it hadn't improved.

It has a lot compared to launch, but it's still poor.

I like the game fundamentally, and if it had the replays, the weather, the club features working as they should I'd have been happy.

I don't like playing online, but I wanted the online to work for the club aspect, I.e ranking up to access club car unlocks.

I even deleted my game save so I could re-do all the events to earn big points again.

Back
Top Bottom