Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3

Associate
This sounds silly but the Civil War arc needs to be the whole thing, if they don't do it it'll be a huge missed opportunity.

Civil War was a beautiful story

Civil War was a great idea for a story, terribly, terribly told.

Now the basic ideological conflict migrated into the MCU, without inconsistent writing about the SRA actual entailed, writers making other characters into villians to keep their guy squeaky clean and by simple virtue of it being a much tighter story without 202 tie in stories the basic idea has great potential.

Soldato
Civil War was a great idea for a story, terribly, terribly told.

Now the basic ideological conflict migrated into the MCU, without inconsistent writing about the SRA actual entailed, writers making other characters into villians to keep their guy squeaky clean and by simple virtue of it being a much tighter story without 202 tie in stories the basic idea has great potential.

Can I ask if you read the entire arc including the tie ins?

The main story in the core comics was distinctly average, read the tie ins and the whole story is quite frankly fantastic and so much more deep than you would expect from a marvel story.

Soldato
Would love to see more of the silver surfer and the galactos universe, i know fox own the IP rights to the fantastic 4 not sure if the covers the silver surfer though.

Fox definintely have the rights to Galactus, Silver Surfer and the Badoon. I think all the other Heralds as well. The rights for the Skrulls are complicated apparently. The Shiar are off limits too.

Soldato
fap15antf0v0vkkzdjfo.gif

Soldato
Would love to see more of the silver surfer and the galactos universe, i know fox own the IP rights to the fantastic 4 not sure if the covers the silver surfer though.

Do Fox own the rights to Galactus? You couldn't really have an infinity war without the Surfer and Galactus. Galactus being part of the triumvirate of Marvel Universe?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Do Fox own the rights to Galactus? You couldn't really have an infinity war without the Surfer and Galactus. Galactus being part of the triumvirate of Marvel Universe?

Marvel not happy with Fox atm, they got to the point where they stopped the comics for FF.

Fox had to make a FF movie within a certain timeframe otherwise they will lose the rights to these characters (Galactus, SS) and handed back to Marvel. So think they churned out a FF movie. In this version although Johnny and Sue are siblings but come from different ethnic origin? So dont know how they are going to expain that one :rolleyes:

IIRC Daredevil, Blade and Punisher is now back to Marvel.

9067YX3.jpg

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I wonder if they could use Galactus still since he is tied to more than one herald?

It all tied in so unless they agree a deal financially it not going to happen. Spider-Man the same which still hasn't agreed upon, no Venom, Oscorp or any character from it. :(
X-men Spoilers ahead!!
That why I didn't understand how they got quicksilver and scarlet witch. Also some may not realise this but Pedro Quicksilver was also the same character but played by a different actor, in the latest X-men movie. Days of Future Past

Just buy the blinking rights b k, the money they would make tiring everything in would nuke what they spent.

That the problem fox won't allow it, they know Marvel is coming together now and need the characters and will probably make a boatload of money, they definitely won't part without a big piece of the pie. Which if you were Marvel would definitely not agree. It all down to profit at the end of the day :(

Perfect example is DC they sold practically 100% to WB. If DC got their act together they would beaten Marvel easy. They were first at the game But messed up so many times. They sold far too early but needed the financial backing to make things happen. Now they are stuck with WB calling the shots so it going to be hard. DC in reality is WBDC

Last edited:
Soldato
Just buy the blinking rights b k, the money they would make tiring everything in would nuke what they spent.

Fox/Sony probably won't sell them. Once they've got an IP, they won't let go of it in case it's of value in the future, and to stop anyone else making money off it. The same thing happened with Firefly.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Ghostbusters is another they rather let rot than let anyone else succeed

Last edited:
Soldato
Marvel not happy with Fox atm, they got to the point where they stopped the comics for FF.

Fox had to make a FF movie within a certain timeframe otherwise they will lose the rights to these characters (Galactus, SS) and handed back to Marvel. So think they churned out a FF movie. In this version although Johnny and Sue are siblings but come from different ethnic origin? So dont know how they are going to expain that one :rolleyes:

It's even worse than all that now. Writers have been told not to create any new characters in X-Men and merchandise for all non-Marvel Studios owned properties will be very limited for the foreseeable future.

Associate
Can I ask if you read the entire arc including the tie ins?

The main story in the core comics was distinctly average, read the tie ins and the whole story is quite frankly fantastic and so much more deep than you would expect from a marvel story.

Didn't that run to well over 200 comics? Unless they plan on making 28 films it seems unlikely they'll get to the meat of the story :D.

I like the idea of civil war, but the film is going to be Iron Man bad, Captain America good, FIGHT.

Soldato
I agree, films tend to dumb things down and the main arc was pretty dumb.

It was the wider arc which really dug into the ideals and politics and the individual struggles that really impressed. To have the emotional impact you need Spiderman and his arc but obviously there is no Tony Stark protege in the cinematic universe so unless they introduce one they could/will be missing the core of the emotional impact.

Heck if they had spiderman they could even end the film with the attempted assassination and start the next stage of the Spiderman arcs with the Back in Black arc which was quite frankly epic!

So much potential missed :(

PoD

PoD

Associate
They are doing the infinity war, so they HAVE to have Adam Warlock for a start, so they have agreed something and following that they need Silver Surfer and introduce us to Galactus.

We are going to be seeing studio tie ins I would imagine

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
They are doing the infinity war, so they HAVE to have Adam Warlock for a start, so they have agreed something and following that they need Silver Surfer and introduce us to Galactus.

We are going to be seeing studio tie ins I would imagine

Not necessary Marvel Studios always find a way to tell the story with what they got, so it be interesting how they tie this all in

Back
Top Bottom