Farming Simulator 15

Soldato
Upto 11 hours 30 mins on multiplayer

Had the most fun doing forestry with a chainsaw, two tractors with log grabbers and a log trailer. My brother helping me out of the water with the log grabber, It actually works :D

Haha good one :p

Now then mister Traffic_Warden, I bet no one gave you a ticket for your bad parking did they?? haha :D

Associate
Yeah, the containers are just for storing it. You have to take it to one of the points on the map to sell it (press the "9" key to see the map and look for the trailer icons, but not everywhere will accept every crop harvested). On the Bjornholm map the Windmill and Grain Elevator seem to offer good prices for the basic crops (wheat, barley and canola (oilseed rape over here)) on my save.

The idea behind storing goods are to wait until the prices are good. To keep track of prices press the "I" key to get to the inventory screen then press the upper-right arrow once. To scroll through the prices click the arrow on the middle-right.

Sometimes you'll get "great demand" prices, where a sell-point will offer extra for a product, so if you don't need the money immediately it can be worth it to wait until the prices are good or in demand. You'll get a quick notification on the screen if a crop is in great demand.

Keep in mind that while oilseed rape sells for more, you get less yield from a field, so it's not necessarily the most profitable. Also make sure you fertilise your fields (fertiliser, sprayer or manure) as it doubles the yield, and will keep you much busier with your trailers.

Thanks! Helped a lot:) I for one never thought id be playing this game but it is actually quite fun in its own way :D

One more question though, when a cow is purchased where is it put?

Soldato
I've got 2 coins left to collect around the map. It's a pain in the arse finding them initially, but once you've collected 10, the other 90 show up on the in-game map so it's really easy... and the bonus is quite tasty, especially at the start of a game.

Here's the map to get anyone interested started: http://www.thisisgav.co.uk/random/images/fm15/fm15-coin-locations.jpg

One more question though, when a cow is purchased where is it put?

I've not actually done anything with cows in 15 (or much in 2013) but on the map there's a cow icon near field 40 at the bottom-left, so assume that's where the cow shed is.

I think you'll need to start looking at grass, silage and mixing grass and straw together (there's a mixer in the shop) to start getting anything from them. I assume there's still a milk lorry which goes by daily (though I've not seen it yet in this version :confused:), but you won't make anything from milk until you start feeding the cows properly.

When custom maps start coming out they tend move the cow shed, sheep, etc closer to the main farm, but if you plan to use the animal aspect more it might be an idea to plan to have the relevant equipment on site permanently so you can just tab through the tractors until you get there.

Soldato
Anyone using the GPS v4 mod? Makes working fields a hell of a lot easier.

Can't wait for some custom maps to show up, had some really good looking ones last time, with much better texturing.

Soldato
Do you need to sleep or anything in this game? in the Truck Simulator ones you needed to rest but here you just keep going? And do you have a house you walk in or is it literally just walking/driving across the different plots?

Yesterday I bought a chainsaw and for some reason started cutting some random trees down :) Do they grow back?

Soldato
The reward for collecting all the coins is huge. Huge. I won't spoil it if you don't want to know, all I will say is it's probably best to collect the ones in the bottom left of the map last. ;)

Do you need to sleep or anything in this game? in the Truck Simulator ones you needed to rest but here you just keep going? And do you have a house you walk in or is it literally just walking/driving across the different plots?
The house is just for decoration. There's no sleeping. Just alt-tab out or go and do something else while you're waiting on your crops growing again.

Yesterday I bought a chainsaw and for some reason started cutting some random trees down :) Do they grow back?
I doubt the trees will just randomly regrow. I guess you have to plant new trees (part of the new foresting area of the game).

Edit: It is sugar beet according to the inventory screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
whoever plays this needs to take a long look at themselves in the mirror and self evaluate

:rolleyes: x100000. You have issues with people enjoying something that doesn't interest you, so you say all the people enjoying that thing need to "Take a long look at themselves in the mirror......"? Just because it doesn't interest you? Just because you don't "get" the idea of the game there's no need for personal attacks towards people who do enjoy playing it.

Some questions:

Once you start a new career you can only save that linear career? You can't make multiple saves of one career buying different machinery etc?

Is there an easier way to work out what machines/loaders/buckets etc are compatible with what? I lost a few quid buying buckets that I thought would bolt onto my tractors, but you need A: a different tractor and B: a front loader attachment before you can get your bucket on lol.

This game seems like quite fun :) Pressure washers ftw ^_^

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there an easier way to work out what machines/loaders/buckets etc are compatible with what? I lost a few quid buying buckets that I thought would bolt onto my tractors, but you need A: a different tractor and B: a front loader attachment before you can get your bucket on lol.

This was my problem too :eek:

I did not even know what I planted (they looked like potatoes) so I bought the potatoe header for my combine harvester and it did not work. Then I realised they were Beets :p

But yeah it often feels like trial and error with what fits what. The game is great in its own respect but certain things let it down. For me the tutorial did not help enough and then suddenly your on your own trying to figure out what to do.

Soldato
Until you know what's what, just save before you buy something? :p

It's quite inconsistent though. The combine headers apparently all work on the different combines, but the loaders don't work with other attachments...

I'm going to have to got a loader myself soon due to the coin collection award, as if there's a sale on for woodchips I'll make a killing. The potatoes and sugar beat have an automated loader obviously, but nothing for the woodchips.

Once you start a new career you can only save that linear career? You can't make multiple saves of one career buying different machinery etc?

Yes, it seems so. But you can try copying the save game folder (documents > My Games > Farming Simulator 2015) and giving the copy an unused number. Eg copy and paste savegame1 and rename the copy to savegame3.

Soldato
Yes, it seems so. But you can try copying the save game folder (documents > My Games > Farming Simulator 2015) and giving the copy an unused number. Eg copy and paste savegame1 and rename the copy to savegame3.

Further to this, you can easily edit the save game information, including how much money you have, and how much you owe and what not. They're all in easily readable XML files. With that I have an edited save game that I keep topping the money up to £999,999 so I can buy stuff and test it, see if I like it. I don't go over £1M because I want the steam rewards when I reach £1M myself lol.

Soldato
I've never really bought into these simulators but after watching some vids on this one, I'm really thinking of buying it.

To be honest I used to be put off by them massively, some of the older ones were terrible such as Bus Simulator and the early truck simulators, and admittedly I never gave the earlier Farming Simulators the time of day but if you give Euro Truck Simulator 2 or this Farming Simulator 15 game a try for example should be enough to convince you they are not all that bad :)

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a couple of years old now so should be able to pick up cheap and there is also a new american truck simulator due out soon I believe.

So while I think you are right to be wary of these types of games just look at some reviews before buying because some of the simulator games look and probably are terrible, whilst there are others that are actually pretty decent ;)

Soldato
Can someone please god help me get to grips with the claws for gripping logs.... its almost as infuriating as that surgeon simulator thingy Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Really needs a mod to allow you to pick up small logs and what not...

Soldato
Well I have now hit that point where I cannot seem to remain interested in the game.

I always seem to get this where I am enjoying the game but then it fizzles out. Might put it to one side for a few months and then come back and try with mods or something :)

Soldato
Well I have now hit that point where I cannot seem to remain interested in the game.

I always seem to get this where I am enjoying the game but then it fizzles out. Might put it to one side for a few months and then come back and try with mods or something :)

I guess the nature of the game is repetition, so that's not a surprise. It's easy to burn yourself out if you have a marathon stint.

The only cure is a bit of multiplayer fun and perhaps mixing up the different tasks (grant yourself a million or 2 if you need to if it means staying interested).

Soldato
I guess the nature of the game is repetition, so that's not a surprise. It's easy to burn yourself out if you have a marathon stint.

The only cure is a bit of multiplayer fun and perhaps mixing up the different tasks (grant yourself a million or 2 if you need to if it means staying interested).

I did do some multiplayer and had a decent amount of money it just became too much repetition.

At least with the truck simulators I can just drive fairly long distance and listen to music without paying too much attention, where these simulator types are more constantly starting/stopping for each operation you do - its like going to work without the pay :o

Back
Top Bottom