Sick of EBAY!

Associate
Sold a 4770k more than a week ago and everything's been fine and now today I get this :

Comments: The item is faulty. The processor is running at extreme high temperature of 65 degrees at idle speed. This idle speed temperature should not be more than 40 degrees in normal use. When running a program like Microsoft office the temperature rise goes above 80 degrees and crushes the computer.

Return requested. :mad:

Sounds to me like a bad cooler fit because the chip is nearly new and fine. No doubt EBAY will decide it's my fault and just take the money back anyway again like they did with the last person who tried to send me back a different motherboard. Need to get my count up so I can sell on here as EBAY is a joke.

/ rant over

Associate
Did you note the serial number before you sent it? Either:

A: It'll be different, and they're trying to con you or
B: The item is genuinely faulty

Not really the end of the world, but at least it's pretty cut and dry :p

Associate
OP
Yeah I have pictures and original receipts. The item was fine - was running my rig up until I swapped it out. Just does my head in - you wait a week to sell it and it just seems so many people are either not interested in paying or pay and then return for no reason and seem to get eBay support behind them.

Soldato
I don't understand why there isn't a real alternative yet. Amazon is just as bad.

I sold off a large number of graphics cards over the last few months and had no end of problems.

Soldato
An overwhelming amount of people are just so incredibly dumb. It comes across as that more than anything malicious, especially with how they look like they have no idea what they're even talking about.

Soldato
Had a similar issue last year. Sold a CPU on ebay, few days later seller comes back saying its faulty and doesn't work. Later found out the CPU wasn't compatible with his motherboard so ebay rejected his refund request.

Checked his feedback and looks like he tried the same stunt with someone else, buying ECC Ram for his Non ECC motherboard, claiming ram was faulty.....idiot!

Soldato
Had a similar issue last year. Sold a CPU on ebay, few days later seller comes back saying its faulty and doesn't work. Later found out the CPU wasn't compatible with his motherboard so ebay rejected his refund request.

Checked his feedback and looks like he tried the same stunt with someone else, buying ECC Ram for his Non ECC motherboard, claiming ram was faulty.....idiot!

As above, sounds like he's just a moron over being malicious.

Associate
As above, sounds like he's just a moron over being malicious.

Possibly the same guy who I dealt with. I sold some ECC ram to 2 different people and both came back saying its faulty. Asked about what mobo was in use and it was incompatible for both. Peoples ability to read, comprehend or just generally think rationally deteriorate year on year.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Lucky I have serial numbers

Did you put them in a photo in the listing?

If not, then how do you prove they aren't the same? That's what ebay will ask when investigating the dispute.

Back
Top Bottom