guy at work really hates me for no particular reason

Soldato
Learning martial arts = confidence.

going to the gym has a similar effect, but what would you know?

Still on ignore BTW, just couldn't resist a peek at your post.

Confidence doesn't really equal ability though does it? There are other things to do to gain confidence than martial arts, and for people who are low in confidence, gaining false confidence from martial arts isn't a good idea.

What would I know? What exactly does that mean?

Oh yeah, I forgot you're the guy who can't handle being disagreed with aren't you?

Soldato
Confidence doesn't really equal ability though does it? There are other things to do to gain confidence than martial arts, and for people who are low in confidence, gaining false confidence from martial arts isn't a good idea.

What would I know? What exactly does that mean?

Oh yeah, I forgot you're the guy who can't handle being disagreed with aren't you?

I can't handle talking to you, I have no time for anything you have ever said on these forums.

Ability in what exactly?

Martial arts is exactly like any other PERSONAL pursuit it's about being the BEST you can be. Ability doesn't come into it.

Associate
Nothing.

If you are single and like this girl on the other hand then ask her if she would like to have dinner (flattery) with you as there's this new restaurant you would like to try and you can't find any one else to go with (back handed compliment) and then make sure you notice something nice about her like her nails or hair.

In other news nice guys finish in the shower.

Been there, regret everything.

Soldato
Considering he can lift more than most people on this forum, a lot.

Why thank you, good sir. :p

I can't handle talking to you, I have no time for anything you have ever said on these forums.

Ability in what exactly?

Martial arts is exactly like any other PERSONAL pursuit it's about being the BEST you can be. Ability doesn't come into it.

I'm aware you can't handle talking to me, you get a sore botty when I point out that what you're saying doesn't make sense.

However, I'm saying that the suggestion he does martial arts as a confidence boost is BAD advice because it can result in artificial confidence without an ability or strength to back it up.

That would make for a bad time depending on the circumstances.

As for ability not coming in to it, how've you worked that one out then? I bet that's taken some serious mental gymnastics to arrive at that conclusion.

Who gives a stuff?

My suggestion was aimed at OP.

You, seemingly, as you felt the need to bring it up.

Soldato
As for ability not coming in to it, how've you worked that one out then? I bet that's taken some serious mental gymnastics to arrive at that conclusion.

Life is about being the best you can be personally.

I enjoy many sports but if I were to participate at a pro level, well lets just say I've not got the ability.

Ok, I cant be a pro cyclist. Therefore that pursuit is a waste of time.

I will sit at home wishing I was better and slowly killing myself with beer.

Go on? Explain yourself in a logical manner for once.

Soldato
Life is about being the best you can be personally.

I enjoy many sports but if I were to participate at a pro level, well lets just say I've not got the ability.

Ok, I cant be a pro cyclist. Therefore that pursuit is a waste of time.

I will sit at home wishing I was better and slowly killing myself with beer.

Go on? Explain yourself in a logical manner for once.

Well that's not what you said is it? You said ability isn't a factor in learning martial arts to boost confidence.

Actually being competent at it would be what boosts your confidence, not the simple task of partaking in it, and to suggest he does it, regardless of ability to follow through with it (in the form of strength) is asking for trouble and plain bad advice.

Your comment about logic is adorable.

Soldato
Actually being competent at it would be what boosts your confidence, not the simple task of partaking in it, and to suggest he does it, regardless of ability to follow through with it (in the form of strength) is asking for trouble and plain bad advice.

Take 2 twins, identical in every respect.

Send one to Muay Thai classes, the other to internet trolling classes for a number of years.

Which one will have the most confidence in a face to face situation with a stranger, be it hostile or even non hostile.

Ironic that we should be having this conversation in this thread.

I fail to see how endeavouring to better ones self is bad advice?

Like I say, wasting my time, can't connect with your values at all.

Back
Top Bottom