Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
I can't quite decide which way to go getting back into this. Big plane with FPV kit, or a multicopter with FPV kit.

Obviously this is the multicopter thread, but what made you guys get into multicopters? Racing, being able to do it in smaller spaces, that kinda stuff?

Permabanned
I fly rc planes and normal helis. This is a whole new ball game. Mulitrotor for me offers a bigger stable platform for FPV or AP. A new toy and challenge.

Have had a camera on my plane before but only to view after flying.

Also the GPS control options make it fun.

Soldato
What would you need to complete that set? I see you need a control and charger, but what else? It seems like a good price, but once you start to purchase the rest would it not be better to purchase it all new?

Don
You will need a transmitter, a GoPro, and a battery charger by the looks of things. It appears to have a SPektrum receiver in it which would limit you to Spektrum transmitters, but there's no reason why you couldn't just remove it and replace with something from Futuba or FrSky.

Associate
£51 plus a couple of quid delivery from MakeItBuildIt. UK stock and the owner is a true multirotor head and gentleman, or £48 delivered from Banggood, whenever they feel like shipping ;)

Cheers for that, and the heads up about the lenses. Will be ordering tomoz.

Rebuilt my old f330 clone last night with a Naze on it, ancient HK blue series esc's flashed with simonk, my semi destroyed d4rii (One antenna missing) and a crappy old 2200mah battery and the thing flies lovely on stock settings, much better than my mini H. I need to investigate this further!

Soldato
It's preference. The wide angle is really fisheyed, check out YouTube videos for reference. The normal lens has a wide mode (in msetup.exe) which reduces the resolution/quality a bit for a wide fov.

Tbh on a 250 the lag is a little annoying but on a bigger craft flying higher its ok. Nothing beats the reliability of a CCD cam though, the mobius is liable to turn itself off for no apparent reason very occasionally!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hi guys. Never had one of these and want to start of with something small and cheerful. Is the The Hubsan X4 Micro Quadcopter worth £25?

Any suggestions? Maybe spend a little more for something much better? :p

Soldato
A friend of a friend mentioned that they are taking some kind of heli/quad copter with them skiing in a few weeks. It tracks them via GPS while filming from the air via a GoPro.

Is that kind of thing available?!?

Don
Hi guys. Never had one of these and want to start of with something small and cheerful. Is the The Hubsan X4 Micro Quadcopter worth £25?

Any suggestions? Maybe spend a little more for something much better? :p

Yes, it's great for £25. I prefer the Syma X4 that's the same price. It's easier to fly and more stable.

Soldato
A friend of a friend mentioned that they are taking some kind of heli/quad copter with them skiing in a few weeks. It tracks them via GPS while filming from the air via a GoPro.

Is that kind of thing available?!?

Not autonomously no - you must have someone operating it etc. You can't just send a quad in the air on it's own, you are responsible for it etc, therefore must be in control of it.

Back
Top Bottom