*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Gotta say, that's one hell of a great update. Nearly every exotic weapon is worth levelling up now.

agreed. looks good to me. thorn now a viable option in PvE (always thought it was decent in PvP. Juju now has a lot of potential never having to reload and super good advice has been tamed. wish id maxed them sooner so i didnt have to get exotic shards!

Soldato
aww man - they nerfed my favourite gun even more! - Monte Carlo has EVEN more reduced range - wtf they nearly killed it last time, it'll be useless now :(

I see they've concentrated once again on fixing just one bug in the raid, but defo fixed the templar cheese - typical bungie. What about the other gazillion atheon bugs?

I'm beginning to dislike this game.

Soldato
I've spent so many energies on upgrades recently...bah!

yeah me too - thats pee'd me off aswell. I actually threw away truth, and a couple of other exotics when I first got them, trying to upgrade the monte carlo! - this DLC better be worth the wait otherwise time to find another game.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
i might actually get my Mythoclast out of the vault now and use it. Great news about buying materials, makes running strikes to get marks a worthwhile thing now.

Soldato
Shame you can't cheese the templar any more. Isn't there a bonus chest that only appears if you force him off the edge?

No, there was a bonus chest for doing it without him teleporting....

It just so happens he doesn't teleport much when you push him off the edge ;)

Great update overall, mythoclast is way stronger than it was and I'm finally able to buy all the materials I need to max every weapon out.

Looking forward to the DLC now!

Associate
interesting patch.
glad to see some tweaking to exotics at last.
interesting about upgrading exotics - they no longer need ascendant materials at all.
also, really nice that you can buy the materials for upgrading weapons for "marks". 10 marks = 20 mats (e.g. spinmetal). very nice exchange rate imo. i absolutely hated grinding those mats personally. could instantly upgrade a few pieces of gear upon logging in ^^

Soldato
interesting patch.
glad to see some tweaking to exotics at last.
interesting about upgrading exotics - they no longer need ascendant materials at all.
also, really nice that you can buy the materials for upgrading weapons for "marks". 10 marks = 20 mats (e.g. spinmetal). very nice exchange rate imo. i absolutely hated grinding those mats personally. could instantly upgrade a few pieces of gear upon logging in ^^

Yes. I would much rather farm marks than look around for materials. It's a good move.

Soldato
...how the **** do you actually kill the Templar then?

Ha, it's strange to think people don't know, but essentially, relic holder uses super to bring shield down and kill like a normal gatekeeper.

The trick to stopping him teleport is to stand in the beams of light that show up on the platforms in the area (there are 2 he uses from the start). Best to have titans up there with bubbles because he gets extra angry when you block his teleport. The other 4 players should be cleaning up minos and harpies and doing damage to him. Once the shield goes down it doesn't come back unless he teleports.

Soldato
So exotics take longer, but require no ascendants. Exotics require 1x exotic shard which comes from sharding and exotic or Xur? Why xur?? Hacks me off having to wait a a week for him to spawn.

Overall happy with patch though.

The change to Thorn to illuminate an enemy on a hit....mechanic for the raid, marking targets??

Associate
i like this patch already. patience and time just dropped for me in the crucible :)

the only thing i dont like is you can no longer exchange materials for rep/marks (swapped for marks swapped for materials. thought they might have both options). i used to do this on mondays before a reset if i hadnt maxed out

Last edited:
Caporegime
Patch goes a good way into feeling they might do decent stuff with the DLC - has little impact on me other than I might start varying the guns I use in certain missions - Thorn/Bad Juju arent crap now!

Just a bit annoying how much Ascendant stuff Ive used prior to the patch - though its not like I have none stocked up atm.

Gonna buy a load of Exotic Shards as I suspect all the new Exotics will need them now
...how the **** do you actually kill the Templar then?
Noob :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom