New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
From what I remember, when I tried doing this with my paid apps I found they were greyed out on the market store. So it was like google knew they were still installed on my old device and wouldnt let me install them on my new phone until they were uninstalled from the old phone.

Most of my paid for apps are road and air navigation, so that might have something to do with it, licensing etc..

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Licensing on Android apps isn't an issue, if you buy it it's tied to your account, not device. If an app was greyed out it means it wasn't compatible with your new device at the time you attempted to install it from the Play Store.

Android = Buy an app, it's available on every Android device that is compatible with the app under your account.

Soldato
Licensing on Android apps isn't an issue, if you buy it it's tied to your account, not device. If an app was greyed out it means it wasn't compatible with your new device at the time you attempted to install it from the Play Store.

Android = Buy an app, it's available on every Android device that is compatible with the app under your account.

unless they revoke region-based installs (like they did for some games for me)

Soldato
Anyone with the Google Play Services app? I've been noticing ever since it updated to 6.5 on my HTC One M7 Google Search now oddly uses nearly 300mb of RAM, which slows my phone down. My Nexus 10 which is still on 6.1 is fine on the other hand, Google Search doesn't even appear on the running apps list.

Can't even get to the Google Search app settings as it goes to a black screen and crashes.

EDIT: Nevermind, booted into recovery, cleared cache partition, and was able to access the Google settings. Fiddled around with the voice detection settings and that seems to have fixed it.

EDIT 2: Maybe not... decided to clear data from it and Google Search is snappy again and using a lot less RAM.

--------------------

Firefox 34 has a new design and also the ability to mirror tabs to Chromecast! Works pretty well so far.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
They listened!

Today Calendar updated with options for background opacity for ongoing events in the widget. It's now 100% amazing :D

Edit*
Bah it doesn't affect highlighted events individually....

Last edited:
Soldato
They listened!

Today Calendar updated with options for background opacity for ongoing events in the widget. It's now 100% amazing :D

Edit*
Bah it doesn't affect highlighted events individually....

Mine hasn't updated, is the update on Play Store yet?

Glad it's been fixed, doing my head in since you cruelly pointed it out a while ago lol :D

Associate
Xposed users, the best modules to download?

These are the ones I'm using,

GravityBox
ChromePie
Native Clip Board
Smooth System Progress Bars
Xposed Media Scanner Optimizer
YouTube AdAway
YourTube

Soldato
is it safe to install from APKmirror - new youtube app has lots of very useful features for my tablet namely the ability to do anything in full sreen mode (you can't even pause in the current version on my tablet !)- and 1440p support

but I'd heard certain non-play store app installed apps like a google one - can access your account - so was worried other than from google play store itself

thanks

Back
Top Bottom