[PIC_THREAD] Landscapes, Architecture, Seascapes

Associate
These are from the coastline near where i live....yeah, i know it looks looks rocky and barren, with a certain industry-damaged-looking beach. in fact i think 'beach' is too glamorous a word. possibly 'rocky, shingly, with remnants from the regions collieries habits of disposing of the waste from the numerous coal mines this area once had...however, i digress.. it has a claim to fame! at the very beginning of Alien³ where the EEV crash lands... the direction of the coastline from the where the EEV hits is pointing this way.... :)

Same area

And again

Last edited:
Associate
4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

Associate

Stunning composition. You edit these in anyway or are these original shots?

Looking at maybe getting a camera in the new year and seen on your flickR you use the Nikon D5100, is this still the case with these shots?

Thanks for the positive feedback. :)

I do edit/post-process my photos. This particular photo is a stitch of 7 portrait photos and I've boosted the contrast and vibrance of the shadows and midtones to try and reduce the glare amongst quite a few other things.

All my photos are currently taken with the Nikon D5100. It's a great mid-range DSLR camera and has the same sensor as the better Nikon D7000. Of course, there are now D5300 and D7100 model versions which I'm not as familiar with.

Back
Top Bottom