Tyre choices! Audi A4 & 255/35/19

Soldato
To be fair he said he had to stick to the brands in the post, Michelin is one of those brands on the list even if that specific tyre isn't...

Sure. To be even fairer though, his list was the list off the website, where there is no mention of the Super Sports...

He gave a list of tyres available to him, stated that one on the list he was already not happy with, I suggest another, while Fox suggests the tyre the OP isn't happy with, then suggests one not on the list.

Why not just suggest a tyre from the list the OP doesn't already dislike?

/Facepalm

Man of Honour
It tramlines because it's a on rubber band tyres, it's going to tramline, there isn't really anything there to absorb the imperfections in the road surface. I can't see how picking say a Michelin instead is going to make the problem go away, his best chance would be something with a soft and squidgy sidewall which as all keen drivers are happy to point out isn't generally something Pilot Sports are known for.

Associate
Sure. To be even fairer though, his list was the list off the website, where there is no mention of the Super Sports...

He gave a list of tyres available to him, stated that one on the list he was already not happy with, I suggest another, while Fox suggests the tyre the OP isn't happy with, then suggests one not on the list.

Why not just suggest a tyre from the list the OP doesn't already dislike?

/Facepalm

Dean just said kwikfit got him a super sport...maybe he could ask rather than just sticking with the website!

Man of Honour
Thats not a list of recommendations its just a huge list of tyres a dealer will sell you! I just entered a size and got a huge list which included rubbish like the Toyo Proxes T1 :D

Don
Have Pirelli P Zero Rosso's on my A3 (225/40/18), and overall are pretty reasonable - decent enough grip and last reasonably well.

Might be worth varying the pressures that you run them at, my Audi lists 3 different sets of pressures on the fuel filler (normal, fully loaded car, and 100mph+), and running at the lower pressures (especially this time of year) improves things no end.

Have to agree with others though, If I could have chosen to go an inch smaller think it would make no end of difference.

Soldato
Michelin Pilot Super Sports, best tyre out for my money and comes in that size :), you said same brand and Michelin seems to be on the list, see if they can get those, otherwise as others have said the Contis.

Hawker
+1.

Full set of 255/35/19 Super Sports recently fitted on my RS4, very happy with them so far :cool:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Buys 2.0 TDI to save money on fuel, wastes hundreds on massive tyres :D

But yeah, ContiSportContact 5s or Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2s would be my choices.

15k doesn't seem too bad for front tyres on a FWD car?
The premium tyres will have slightly softer compounds so not lasting as long as a drawback.

Michelins seem to last forever, but they are noticeably more expensive to purchase.

Associate
OP
Went for the Pirelli Pzero Rosso's.... having done approx 400 miles on them I am very impressed with the feel of the car at speed compared to the Conti's!

I will keep you updated when I have done a few more miles and have varied the driving more.

Back
Top Bottom