Thoughts on Samsung 27D850D monitor?

Associate
Hey All,

Looking to get a new monitor for myself at Christmas :D, been looking at the Samsung 27D850D, what are peoples thoughts on it? Will be used mainly for gaming, PS4 and general pc use. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere as well!

Leo

Associate
OP
Samsung 27D850T - search for that instead.

Got my eyes on the same monitor!

Ahh brilliant, thankyou!

Found this really good review if anyone is interested! http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...ew-2560x1440-semi-glossy-8-bit-frc-pls-2.html

Is a very informative review, but im still not sure! Seems the biggest problems are its input lag and contrast issues because of the bezel. I dont play games competitively, play BF4 and a few other fps (mainly playing my ps4 at the mo anyway!) so do you think the lag will be a problem?

Last edited:
PayDay Lover
Associate
I went with the 32 inch Samsung, I know it isn't the same, but it has a 3ms slower input lag. I would let you know if it was an issue for games, but for a second day in a row DPD have failed miserably to actually deliver it despite it sitting at the local depot.

If I actually get the damn thing befoe I go on holiday, I'll let you know my opinion regarding gaming. Obviously I can't offer an opinion on the contrast as it is a different screen

Associate
Yeah that's a decision I can't make! 27 or 32!

It's the same resolution. Would the 32 appear to stretched? Too big for your field of vision?

Hard to tell without looking at them in person.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Hard to tell, but I took the gamble. 1440 on a 32 inch monitor I think gives you the same ppi as a 24 inch monitor at 1920 x 1080 res. That works for me and should ensure I have no issues reading text on it when not gaming.
The monitor finally arrived, so if I get the chance I will set it up tonight (though I am due to be in game raiding tonight and given the monitor will require some desk rearranging, I may not have time)

Last edited:
PayDay Lover
Associate
Well, I got it set up, 32 inch is definitely crazy big, I like it, but honestly 27 would have been more than enough. I play MMOs rather than FPS, and for those games, even at standard rate (41.3ms input lag) I had no issues with the input lag when gaming. At fastest setting it has 31.3ms input lag which I have no doubt an FPSer would need to use.
The issue I do have on the 32 inch monitor is a white flickering occurring which is annoying and I am not sure if it is an issue with the monitor or the fact I simply plug and played so have not fiddled with settings at all.

Associate
Looking at this monitor too, struggling to find information on it!

Main interest is how it compares to the Dell U2715H, I guess it's nearest competitor

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I actually sent it back at the start of the week, was getting pretty bad glow from the monitor. However Overclockers have said it was a "small amount of IPS glow" and are sending it back to me. So unless it has miraculously changed, I may have to send it back AGAIN for a refund :/ will have to see!

But apart from that, really happy with it :) amazing colours and blacks. Input lag is noticeable though, especially on desktop, but I managed to play CS GO and BF4 without any issues so I think I will get used to over time, superb build quality!

PayDay Lover
Associate
I actually sent it back at the start of the week, was getting pretty bad glow from the monitor. However Overclockers have said it was a "small amount of IPS glow" and are sending it back to me. So unless it has miraculously changed, I may have to send it back AGAIN for a refund :/ will have to see!

Haha, I feel your pain. I sent the 32 inch back due to it having the well known white flickering issue when gaming, they told me they found no faults and returned it. So I now need to deal with Samsung directly.

Associate
OP
I chose to have the monitor returned back to me just to check it again, but I am probably going to request another RMA Monday to return it for a refund and I will buy the monitor again! Such a pain!

PayDay Lover
Associate
I sent it back for a refund, will find out tomorrow I guess. But I had to call and insist, I was not interested in dealing with Samsung

Associate
OP
I sent it back for a refund, will find out tomorrow I guess. But I had to call and insist, I was not interested in dealing with Samsung

Ahh ok, thats good though!

Yeah I really cant be bothered with contacting Samsung, has been going on for nearly 2 weeks now all this, have used the monitor for a couple of days at most! Just hope they dont take all 25% off the refund and that the next one I get has no issues!

PayDay Lover
Associate
Well I got the default RMA notice, I hope they are not going to waste my time and theirs checking for the fault they failed to find last time. I just want my money back so that I can buy a monitor that works.

Back
Top Bottom