PS3 game updates

Soldato
Hi all

Going away for Christmas and there is no wifi, I know my son is getting a few PS3 titles for Christmas.
Is there a way to bypass any required updates that are required out of the box? As I'm not going to be able to download them due to no wifi.

Many thanks

Associate
If you're not connected it shouldn't prompt you for an update, I wouldn't have thought.

Agree with the above, as from time to time I have not been connected to the internet.

However if you are a PS+ member and have been getting the monthly games then it is a different story as you have to be connected to play those.
But disk based games you are good to go. :)

Soldato
Agree with the above, as from time to time I have not been connected to the internet.

However if you are a PS+ member and have been getting the monthly games then it is a different story as you have to be connected to play those.
But disk based games you are good to go. :)

Wont the internal clock of the ps keep any ps+ games working fine unless your sub runs out ?

Just wondering as I was going to give my mate my old hd and free games from my sub . He doesn't have internet , but I thought hed be fine as long as the internal clock out ps shows the games are fine to play ??

Associate
Wont the internal clock of the ps keep any ps+ games working fine unless your sub runs out ?

Just wondering as I was going to give my mate my old hd and free games from my sub . He doesn't have internet , but I thought hed be fine as long as the internal clock out ps shows the games are fine to play ??

I have not used my PS3 in a while so maybe someone else with a bit more up to date knowledge can chime in but I am pretty sure Sony would have thought of that one.
I am sure you have to be connected to the net to be able to play PS+ games as they need to be able to check you have a PS+ sub. The internal clock won't cut it ;)

Soldato

The countdown is independent of the the clock as far as I'm aware. Resetting your system date does nothing to stop them expiring.

Also your hdd is tied to your console. Switch it over and his will insist on formatting it.

Soldato
The countdown is independent of the the clock as far as I'm aware. Resetting your system date does nothing to stop them expiring.

Also your hdd is tied to your console. Switch it over and his will insist on formatting it.

I don't mind it formats .. I can just re-download them for him :) seeing as you can have 4 accounts to one email I should be ok :)

Back
Top Bottom