*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Wow you must have serious patience. I wouldnt be able to look at that every day and say "I wont take you out yet, we must wait for the weather to improve"....I'd be losing my mind after the 2nd day!

Associate
If I could get my bike indoors it'd be indoors.

I have a shock cover to put on and it uses seriously strong bonding stuff to attach to the battery/under tray but the instructions recommend it is done in temperatures above 12 degrees. No chance in its bed or outside atm.

My last bike had a shock cover/flap as standard, Honda VFR800, and that was fixed with what looked like pop rivets and washers to stop it splitting.

It's a shame they moved the exhausts away from the under seat twin design, but it's still awesome!

I love mine, enjoy it!

I do like the older style exhausts, but the single low slung pipe does save a bit of weight and improve the handling.

I must say, whilst I'm not normally a fan of "loud" colours, this does look exceptionally nice! Hope the weather improves so you can run it in.

I was the same, i have nearly always had bikes that have "normal" colours, but the green just seems to make the Street Triple look so much better.

Wow you must have serious patience. I wouldnt be able to look at that every day and say "I wont take you out yet, we must wait for the weather to improve"....I'd be losing my mind after the 2nd day!

Believe me, i am losing my mind, but when i picked it up i had to ride fifty miles in miserable weather and the bike was pitted, i cleaned the bike and thought i would wait for the weather to improve, it's killing me.

Soldato
So as per the other thread, here's a pic of my new steed stolen from the dealer photos :D
RWAG2hQl.jpg

Ill get some better photos when I pick it up on the 29th, it's a 2001 CB400 Super Four VTEC - a 14k rpm pocket rocket :)

Soldato
Looks in great condition! Get a decent exhaust though ;)

it's not mint (has some paint flaking off the block and a few small marks here and there) but then it's a 13 year old bike so I wasn't expecting that, overall it's in really good nick though. A new can will added at some point, just need to find one that fits! it's a 3 bolt system, bolt on silencer - you can get Yoshimura end cans and full systems :eek: but at nearly a grand for the full system I'd go with the bolt on can at £350 ish, only they don't have a removable baffle, which I'd want, if only to release the noise ;)

Love the fact he's only doing about 35mph on those flybys, sounds like he's doing a ton :p:D

Associate
For those who saw my other thread...

Well I bought it.

I48EPiJ.jpg

Only pic I have is this one from when I drove it in a carpark. Bought a nice helmet, buying proper protective clothing etc. Whoop, so happy with it. It's July 2013 reg, but I believe a late 2012 model year.

Associate
Very nice, looks good! :)

Thanks! It's essentially my first bike other than a scooter I had at 17, so really loving everything about driving it :D

Also just seen your youtube in your sig, can't believe you're the guy from that video, ouch. Awesome channel though, was looking at some of the track days also, something I'd like to try in the future when I'm feeling a bit more confident in general driving lol.

Soldato
That is definitely a very nice first big bike then, my brother keeps toying with the idea of the CBR600f, he needs to go test one.

Haha yep thats me :D
Yeah definitely give it a go, there are plenty of them around the country for all abilities, you will learn a lot more about what your bike can do also over road riding, and its really fun!

Associate
That is definitely a very nice first big bike then, my brother keeps toying with the idea of the CBR600f, he needs to go test one.

Haha yep thats me :D
Yeah definitely give it a go, there are plenty of them around the country for all abilities, you will learn a lot more about what your bike can do also over road riding, and its really fun!

Tell him he'll love it! Well I guess depending on what he's been on before haha. I know it's not even close to the RR or other proper sport bikes.But hey, it's super comfy, and I love the looks. I know the looks are a bit marmite, some people don't rate it that highly. But with the tail tidy and integrated indicators on the tail lights, different exhaust and lowered handlebars I think it looks a lot more sporty and less toury than the standard model.

I'd like to do a few things to it (namely buying crash bungs and cotton reels :D ) But was thinking of some looks wise stuff, but really at a loss as to what I could change if anything. Any suggestions?

I need to get another carbon tank pad because the current one has started to bend off, and the FIRST time I sat down my belt snapped the corner of it off. Was thinking of buying the carbon fuel cap (well the insert thing that sits on top) as the siler fuel cap is the only thing that kinda annoys me. But I don't want to end up with a silly all carbon thing. Anyways... can you tell I'm excited? :D

Soldato
Picked up the new bike this morning, Maidstone to Colchester at 8am. **** me it was cold!!! :eek::eek:

Even with my muffs on my fingers were numb by the time I entered the Dartford tunnel. Lovely blast back on the cb400, it's sooooo nice to have something left in the tank at 70mph. 80-90 (kph ;)) was bearable but tough on the neck muscles, I'll adapt fairly quickly.

Got a bonus too, the bike was sold as having 32k on the clock, which it does... But it's counting up in km, not miles :D it's been in the country since 2003, and has a mph overlay on the speedo, so it's actually only done 19k miles :D result!

Associate
Picked up the new bike this morning, Maidstone to Colchester at 8am. **** me it was cold!!! :eek::eek:

Even with my muffs on my fingers were numb by the time I entered the Dartford tunnel. Lovely blast back on the cb400, it's sooooo nice to have something left in the tank at 70mph. 80-90 (kph ;)) was bearable but tough on the neck muscles, I'll adapt fairly quickly.

Got a bonus too, the bike was sold as having 32k on the clock, which it does... But it's counting up in km, not miles :D it's been in the country since 2003, and has a mph overlay on the speedo, so it's actually only done 19k miles :D result!

Nice! Get some pics up (although I think I saw some on another thread).

It's pretty awesome how you can change it on new bikes, I noticed my manual said you can change the digital speedo from km to miles... made me think why don't cars have this? I know the whole left/right hand drive, but on holiday etc it would be great to have the correct speedo.

Associate
Really? :D

Nice bike man, I wish I could treat myself to something like that.

Yeah haha! Guess it's probably not the most sensible of choices for a first bike but I'm in love with it :D

I spend nothing in my day to day life, very low living expenses, a lovely girlfriend who doesn't ask for anything and likes silly things and splits meals/treats me. So... just thought I'd give myself a Christmas treat. Need to buy gear though so that's going to be costly. Luckily with no VAT it works out a bit better for me so I can get some decent stuff.

Soldato
As requested, although it's hard to get a decent photo with the parent's caravan sharing the driveway! :D Far too cold to go out on the bike today.
15525013514_983b8cbe68_c.jpg

15961272149_9713ce4e27_c.jpg

Also got my new gloves delivered today, a pair of Held Race Tex Gore-tex.
15525009634_3880576947_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom