**********The 'Official' Nokia Lumia 1520 Thread*******;)

Soldato
Thinking of getting one of these I don't have a tablet.
I would like to use it for watching hd movies etc , does the screen look as good as the reviews say ?.
How is battery life , as my old 1020 would go flat after 5 hours sometimes!!

Soldato
Screen and battery are amazing. I easily get over a day from my 1020 and the 1520 has a 3400mAh battery compared to the 2000mAh battery in the 1020.

Associate
I've just received one of these purchased on eBay flawless for only £300. Couple with the savings I made from the 128GB Sandisk Micro SD, I only paid £380 total for a "160GB" smartphone :)
Out the box the 1520 didn't feel huge at all (coming from a 920) but that could be because I'm used to my girlfriend's Note 3. It's thin, light and the screen is amazing. Can't wait to have 8.1 on it!

(Edited out worries I had about a dent but turned out it's where the microphone is carved, duh)

Last edited:
Soldato
Well had a few minutes to play around and this is probably the most ridiculous phone I'll ever own. I always felt room to upsize with my Note 2 but I think this really is the limit (Not in a bad way, in a 'I think I've finally found it' way).

The build quality/feel is just obscenely good, no other way to describe it. If Microsoft are going to carry on in the same vein (and their surface line suggests they will, quality wise at least), they may get more of my money in future.

Have popped 8.1 onto it so will just have to put it through it's paces as far as usability is concerned. Hopefully there won't be too much missing coming from my Note 2. The general system wide fluidity is wonderful too, as are live tiles.

Associate
Well after having my phone for 6 months nearly it is no longer immaculate, thanks to my mates dog, anyone know of a good place to replace the glass?. Nokia care have quoted me around £165 but he wasn't exactly sure but that was for a total replacement screen.

Associate
Yeah the screen underneath seems fine, the smash is in the bottom right corner where it struck the pavement with webs cracking across the whole screen. The phone seems to work normally apart from jumping to bing search occasionally, but that's due to the area where it's broken I think.

Man of Honour
OP
I have shattered glass thanks to my daughter, is Nokia repair best bet? Screen below working although getting a but confused around the most fragmented bit of glass.

Associate
Got phone back and have to say they've made a great job of it for £125.36. Screen looks good and they seem to have replaced the outer shell too cause the damage caused by the drop has gone.
Took around a week in total to send and recieve it back so not too bad, just updating now to 8.1 :)

Soldato
Got phone back and have to say they've made a great job of it for £125.36. Screen looks good and they seem to have replaced the outer shell too cause the damage caused by the drop has gone.
Took around a week in total to send and recieve it back so not too bad, just updating now to 8.1 :)

Good stuff. Price wasn't too bad either.

Man of Honour
OP

i had to abandon and wait to do it next week

I move next Tuesday and their system couldn't deal with returning it to a different address.

I will use Nokia though, it's cheaper than a quote I got from an independent

Man of Honour
How is everyone getting on with their 1520's now?

What's Web browsing like on 8.1 and the updated IE?

And any idea roughly how long screen on time is from a full charge? I used to get approx 9hrs on my old Note 2.

Man of Honour
If anyone wants a free back cover in black, brand new. Then email me your address.
Ebay seller sent me one by mistake instead of 1320 and postage is to much for him to want it back.

Man of Honour
OP
So I had my screen repaired (long after it happened for one reason or another) and a few weeks after I got the damn thing back I was sitting using it, but not even touching the scree (ie watching something) and I heard a tiny pop and the screen is shattered all over. Uniformly more or less rather than at one side as it was when it was dropped. Have just messaged the repair team that did it and hoping they will sort without fuss.

Back
Top Bottom