Marvel Heroes

Soldato
Batten down the hatches - Venom goes live in today's patch.

Also there are unique gifts for logging in today and each day of the weekend. I don't know what they are yet, but a unique pet skin and costume are likely to happen at some point.

Associate
there's 2 events at the moment that give stuff away, the 12 days of christmas which gives random stuff (the 12 day surprise have been leaked on reddit if you want to know what you get) and then there's the other one that gives you stuff when you login (can't remember the name of it!). i've just been logging in and out the last few days to get the free stuff :D

Soldato
The remaining 12 Days gifts, to save you venturing into the abyss that is Reddit:

19/12: Red or Green festive HERBIE pet
20/12: Christmas Groot exclusive Team-Up
21/12: Ymir's Flurry artefact (probably just a visual effect like Ninja Death Caller)
22/12: Winter Boost potion
23/12: Festivus Pole artefact (see above)
24/12: Random Hero box

I will probably get Rocket out of the Random Hero box just as I hit rank 20 on his ult.

Soldato
Steam sale currently has all Hero packs 50% off !! Magneto, for example is £6.49 which contains 2 costumes, 6 boosts, Stash and 500G !! well worth it.

Looking forward to Venom, doesn't seem to be a run of the mill character with some nice mechanic's.

Soldato
Venom is absolutely ridiculous. He doesn't need a basic once you reach level 42 - use Deadly Maw as your main attack and his sig, Come To Venom and Parasitic Tendrils on cooldown and you'll never run dry. Fill in with Infect for another damage layer. Passives should be Unstoppable, Powerful and Lethal - Cunning looks like it might be better than Powerful, but it doesn't stack with Infect.

Soldato
You will all want to log in today. In addition to the Festivus Pole, which is an OK levelling artefact as it has a chance to give +2 Strength on hit and will also drop 15-20k credits every 20 minutes, you are also getting a free random costume box. This box can drop any costume in the store including Enhanced costumes, though I'm not sure if you can get chase costumes yet.

Associate
Bah, Human Torch 2099 costume out of the costume box (I've got 3 costumes for him already through randoming and he's one of the few characters I hate playing as).

Ah well, either an ultimate token or finally unlock Moon Knight today :)

Soldato
I got Luke Cage which was great as it now completes the roster for me, and Luke Cage costume. I randomised three costumes yesterday and got Gambits Enhanced Death which was nice. Will probably try another one later!

Soldato
Hulk's 52 review will be ready next week. Winter Soldier is still on target for end of the month; his alternate costume will be the movie skin.

Patch today will put us into Cosmic Week, so gird up to grind those Worldstones. Doop runes will also be dropping again, and of course you can more easily prestige a yellow fellow. I'm also told the Arachne Team-Up is out today. More importantly, Winter boxes and boosts will be leaving the store so if you want to stock up, do it now.

Soldato
Anyone in the process of a Cosmic prestige, be warned that the patch is today and not tomorrow. If you're running boosts, save them.

Next event is Omega Week. Fastest way to grind Omegas is to kill Cosmic Taskmaster or Hood; a character with a teleport should be able to kill either of them inside 45 seconds, and with decent synergy each run will net you anywhere from 1-3 Omegas increasing as the week goes on and the multiplier climbs.

Associate
Login Sat 17th for a free random hero box and a Winter boost potion :)

Thank you! I was playing this game obsessively before christmas but since then I've not touched it. Mainly as I then installed Kerbal Space Program...occasionally just log in to get the daily login bonus.

But I've only played about 6 characters so far and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Soldato
Bucky on the TC today for release next week. His alt costume is Winter Soldier: Movie. Some heroes are due their QOL passes: Cap, Ms Marvel, Nova and Scarlet Witch are the ones I can recall.

I'm told this week's event will be a major buff to Bovineheim and the CCS, so if you've saved any portals for those zones it's time to use them. There will be increased loot, bonus XP and zone-specific unique items.

Associate
New Code - COWABUNGA

Gets you a XP boost. If you have Cow portals stashed in your inventory since they were, well crap before now's the time to use them, the head cow drops a bunch of uniques every time.

Soldato
Insignia review is next week. They're getting rid of the life on pickup/defeat affixes (though existing insignia will keep them), buffing the ranges on the remaining affixes (existing insignia will adjust) and adding a few new affixes including DR vs Bosses. The bigger news is that most insignias are getting some kind of on-hit aura and they're adding a heap of new ones - Avengers, SHIELD and X-Men go up to ten, all the other groups go to eight, and Defenders and Marvel Knights insignias are finally being added.

Soldato
So Marvel Heroes is currently doing well in the MMORPG.com best overall MMo of 2014 :p

ArcheAge
pollbar_left.gif
pollbar_right.gif
2.2%
Elder Scrolls Online
pollbar_left.gif
pollbar_right.gif
16.6%
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
pollbar_left.gif
pollbar_right.gif
8.7%