**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
I too have the Spigen wallet case, feels good and fits good, not overly bulky considering its a flip case and the size of the N4, currently use it as my main case, shame its not genuine leather, but the build quality is brilliant nonetheless, would have been even better if it activated the screen when opened.

Associate
Samsung Tomorrow said:
... the LTE-A Tri-Band CA Galaxy Note 4 will be LTE-A Category 9 service ready, with speeds of up to 450 Mbps download expected to be commercialized later 2015...

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 LTE-A Product Specifications

Network 3xCA (LTE): 20 / 20 / 20 MHz or 40MHz
Display 5.7” Quad HD Super AMOLED (2560 x 1440)
OS Android 4.4 (KitKat)
Camera Rear Facing: 16 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with Smart OISFront Facing: 3.7 Mega pixel camera with f1.9
Rear Facing Camera : HDR (Rich tone), Selective Focus, Rear-cam Selfie, Beauty face, Virtual Tour Shot, Shot & More, Dual Camera,Front Facing Camera : Selfie, Wide Selfie
Video Codec: H.264, MPEG-4, H.263, VC-1, WMV7, WMV8, Sorenson Spark, MP43, VP8Recording & Playback: up to UHD
Audio Codec: MP3, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA, AMR-NB/WB, Vorbis, FLAC(*)(*) Ultra High Quality Audio (~192KHz, 24 bit) support
S Pen Optimized Features Air Command (Action Memo, Smart Select, Image Clip, Screen Write)S Note, Snap Note, Direct Pen Input
Additional Features Multi Window
Ultra Power Saving Mode
Voice Recorder (Normal Mode, Interview Mode, Meeting Mode, Voice Memo)
Download Booster
S Health 3.5
Dynamic Lock Screen
Briefing
Google Mobile Services Chrome, Drive, Photos, Gmail, Google, Google+, Google Settings, Hangouts, Maps, Play Books, Play Games, Play Newsstand, Play Movie & TV, Play Music, Play Store, Voice Search, YouTube
Connectivity WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) MIMO PCIeGPS / GLONASS / Baidu
NFC, Bluetooth® v 4.1 (BLE,ANT+)
IR LED (Remote Control), USB2.0, MHL 3.0
Sensor Gesture, Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Gyroscope, RGB,IR-LEDProximity, Barometer, Hall Sensor, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Monitoring, SpO2 (Dependent on market)
Memory 32 GB Internal memory + micro SD slot (up to 64GB)3GB RAM
Dimension 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5mm, 176g
Battery Standard battery, Li-ion 3,220mAh, Fast Charging (Adaptive Fast Charging & QC2.0)

http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/s...nced-tri-band-carrier-aggregation-smartphone/

Brandon Chester said:
Today Samsung has announced a new version of the Galaxy Note 4 which will be launching in the South Korean market in January 2015...

The new Galaxy Note 4 adds a third model to this mix. It comes with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 810, which is similar to Exynos 5433 in that it sports four Cortex-A53 and four Cortex-A57 cores in a big.LITTLE configuration. However, the point that Samsung is advertising is not the SoC, but the cellular speeds that this new Galaxy Note 4 model is capable of. Snapdragon 810's modem allows for 3x20MHz carrier aggregation, which will enable LTE speeds of up to 450Mbps on future Category 9 LTE networks.

http://anandtech.com/show/8805/samsung-announces-snapdragon-810-powered-galaxy-note-4

Chester's colleague Andrei Frumusanu has confirmed that the LTE-A Tri-Band CA Galaxy Note 4 will be using a Snapdragon 810 SoC.

Soldato
Guys if you spot some good deals on unlocked Note 4's I would love to hear from you, I'm after one and on EE at the moment (pay as you go) but would like it unlocked and without EE's built in rubbish, but if you find a none contract EE version at a good price I may take it too and later unlock it and rewrite the OS to remove the EE spam they install. Thanks guys and have a great New Year.

Man of Honour
I was reading that EE install a spyware program into the BIOS of the phone that can't be deleted even with a new OS flash, read it on the HotUKDeals forum, so not sure how much of that is true, but I'd certainly be looking for an unlocked version :)

Soldato
I was reading that EE install a spyware program into the BIOS of the phone that can't be deleted even with a new OS flash, read it on the HotUKDeals forum, so not sure how much of that is true, but I'd certainly be looking for an unlocked version :)

Very true, I see they do this on all Android phones with EE it seems.

:mad:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/help/computrace-agent-t2923087

http://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android-Forum/Computrace-Agent/td-p/178495

Thanks for the heads up mate on that, I didn't realise EE was doing that so it will have to be a Fully Unlocked Samsung Note 4 (SIM FREE), with no carrier branding or messing about.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Very naughty. Hope this gets some visibility from some popular mobile sites.

Man of Honour
Very naughty. Hope this gets some visibility from some popular mobile sites.

The biggest worry is that the program itself isn't secure from what I've read, so someone could get hold of all your data, location etc... Nasty stuff, and EE doesn't give you a choice in it either! Last time I'll buy a phone from them, SIM free all the way here now baby! :p

Soldato
The biggest worry is that the program itself isn't secure from what I've read, so someone could get hold of all your data, location etc... Nasty stuff, and EE doesn't give you a choice in it either! Last time I'll buy a phone from them, SIM free all the way here now baby! :p

I've seen someone say they bought sim free and use a pay as you go sim and they can't get rid of the software. Not sure if it's BS or not, if it isn't then that's very wrong.

Man of Honour
I've seen someone say they bought sim free and use a pay as you go sim and they can't get rid of the software. Not sure if it's BS or not, if it isn't then that's very wrong.

Yeah that would be very concerning! In the links above, one of them is for the EE forum, where an EE employee states its to stop contract fraud, but if you buy this sim free, its nothing to do with EE, so them forcing it on customers is IMO disgusting. Glad I didn't go with EE now :)

Associate
After a few days with my Note 4, I have to say I am impressed :) The novelty of some of the features will soon where off, but the screen is just gorgeous ;) I settled for the official S Note Wireless Charge Case in the end, replaces the back cover so offers protection with very little added bulk. If this is how far phones have improved in two generations, I can't wait for the Note 6 :D

Soldato
http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobil...ur-butts-samsung-galaxy-note-4-snapdragon-810

I thought I'd read something along these lines so I just did a search and the above was the first hit, I'll be getting one of these rather than the s6 I thought I was gona have to buy:cool:

810 version? why? what will happen to us peple who got the 805 version?

Samsung issued a clarification after that and anandtech's article saying that the new version will be on Exynos not the 810.

Back
Top Bottom