Samsung 27D850D 27" Dead Pixels, looks really bad?

Associate
I just received the Samsung 27D850D 27" this morning, plugged it in, and found a horrible set of dead pixels, see the image in the link below, you can also see a slight zig zag of half illuminated pixels too next to the obvious parts, i have tried running several freely available tools, switching between RGB colours for an extensive time and it does not work - probably only for stuck pixels, but these look dead.

Can I return this? These pixels appear on the right hand side of the screen 3/4 way down.

http://i60.tinypic.com/14jp7d2.jpg

Soldato
That looks more like physical damage or an issue with the panel. From what I understand it's unlikely you'd get a group of a dozen or so dead pixels right next to each other which is what it looks like from your pic?

Give OCUK a call !

Soldato
I'd call OCUK again. I wouldn't mention the phrase 'dead pixels' as they wont action that as a reason to return the monitor. From your pic those don't look like dead pixels however. To get that many in close proximity it's either a physical dent in the panel or some kind of manufacturing flaw.

Given it arrived like that it should be going back to the reseller IMO.

Associate
OP
I'd call OCUK again. I wouldn't mention the phrase 'dead pixels' as they wont action that as a reason to return the monitor. From your pic those don't look like dead pixels however. To get that many in close proximity it's either a physical dent in the panel or some kind of manufacturing flaw.

Given it arrived like that it should be going back to the reseller IMO.

Yea.. it definitely looks more serious than dead pixels... im in contact with OCUK at the moment, so will see what happens... looks to be at least 10 pixels!!

Associate
As mentioned above thats worse than dead pixels. I had a similar mark on a monitor and that was caused by me not packing it properly when i moved house and it got a knock.

Associate
just send it back, you've been sent a knackered product.

Returning faulty goods
If you receive faulty goods and wish to return them, The Distance Selling Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.
So, if your goods are faulty and don’t do what they're supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same consumer rights under the Sale of Goods Act as you have when buying face to face.
Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty.

Associate
I'd be very surprised that they'd send you to Samsung, it is the sellers responsibility to provide non faulty products on delivery, defects that arise after delivery should be handled by seller if within 28 days otherwise the manufacturer.

Associate
I was always under the impression that for the first year the seller is responsible?

Maybe I have gotten confused somewhere along the line

There is no hard line that determines when the responsibility shifts from the retailer to the manufacturer, but in general terms the closer to the point of purchase it is the more it is responsibility of the retailer.

So faulty right out of the box and it is 100% the retailer who has to fix it.

This is not a warranty claim, this is simply a faulty product which needs to go back to the retailer for replacement.

Back
Top Bottom