Formula BOINC 2015

PDW

PDW

Associate
Am I right in thinking to do well in this it's how you finish not how you start ?

To finish at the top you need to be pushing hard (as a team) on several projects so that you have good scores as the year comes to a close. The max points we have in POGs will disappear if we don't keep the momentum up till the end ?

Associate
If you plan properly, you will find there are a lot of less popular projects that are easy points and little risk of being overtaken. Just plan ahead so that your competition has a while to catch you and you can play the field while they play catch up. You will also find many teams don't actively try to improve FB standing.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Okay, sounds like we might need a plan then :)
What we need is someone who likes stats to work it out for us :D

Hmmm, who do we know who likes stats ? :D:D:D

PDW

PDW

Associate
This season has finished (end of Nov), we came 10th :cool: not too bad, 2016 season starts 1st Jan, I might give it a bit more attention this time.
Should we expect more than just posts in January when it starts and December when it finishes :D

Associate
Hopefully, they make some changes to how the scoring is done as it currently sucks. It is pretty much a one man show as far as how things are done. My gripes is that if a project closes its doors in February, those points are locked in the whole year. Not much fun to that. Also, in my opinion only non-Alpha non-Beta projects should be included. However, you will find many projects that run production work still claiming the Beta moniker. I also feel that if a project goes stagnant for months on end, that the points should not be squatted on. For example, if Ibercivis ran a bunch of work in January and then again in October but no other time the entire year, it should not be worth as much as say PrimeGrid or WCG.

Back
Top Bottom