New OCUK Dark theme out now, get it while it's hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
For Safari get User CSS Extension

Download and click extension to install, then restart Safari.

Go to http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/ and right click on the page, select Manage User CSS from the context menu.

use

Code:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/*

as the domain

Copy Skyfall's code from the line beginning:

Code:
body{background:#000!important;margin-top:0!important;margin-bottom:0!important;

then paste into the styles box. Give it a name, tick enable box and click save at the bottom and the jobs a goodun.

ocukdark.jpg

/edit

Forgot to add nice work Skyfall o7
Doesn't seem to work for me :(

Associate
Sorry for bumping the thread but went to install this and noticed that it seems to state it has been removed by admin on userstyles due to broken images, luckily the install with stylish option is still below.

Doesn't show on the userstyle search either, had to use the link from the first post :D

Associate
Thanks for the reply, like I said though, it moans about broken images (I think the preview of the theme) and then "recommends" looking at the old deviant one, however if you scroll down it seems to still allow you to install it, just doesn't show in their userstyle search :)

Soldato
OP
I'll see what I can do tonight, I tried to fix it the other day but then it told me that my theme was too big so I have to go in and change some of the code around or host images somewhere.

Caporegime
Hi, I haven't been following the thread so no idea if Skyfall you are the go to guy here but is there any way to not have the newer versions forced upon users? I don't mind the online/offline thing now being words instead of the much clearer indicator but there's a lot more grey in the headings and sub-headings and it's tremendously difficult to follow.

I'm probably missing something obvious but I loved whatever the previous version to the current one was. How do I get that back?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Looks like Skyfall's one has been deleted by the Userstyles site admins.

His original link from the OP ( https://userstyles.org/styles/25712/overclockers-dark-v2-0 )

Says this now...

Deleted!

This style was deleted by the site admin. The reason given was "Broken images - 2014/11/04".

However its the one I'm using and it appears fine here and with his you can pick and choose what bit of it you want. Looks like you can still install his if you want from the link above? :)

Soldato
Stylish flashes blue each time you change page on Chrome. There is another CSS editor though called Stylebot that seems to work better. Can copy/paste the CSS from Skyfall's Stylish into Stylebot and it works. Similar to what DavidMarq suggested for Safari.

Open Stylebot in Chrome while on the OcUK forums then click Edit CSS.

Copy all the way to the bottom from:
Code:
body{background:#000!important;margin-top:0!important;margin-bottom:0!important;

There might be a } highlighted red right at the bottom you need to delete to make it work.

Still the occasional blue flash though.

Edit: Too many flashes... back to blue :).

Last edited:
Associate
Stylish flashes blue each time you change page on Chrome. There is another CSS editor though called Stylebot that seems to work better. Can copy/paste the CSS from Skyfall's Stylish into Stylebot and it works. Similar to what DavidMarq suggested for Safari.

Open Stylebot in Chrome while on the OcUK forums then click Edit CSS.

Copy all the way to the bottom from:
Code:

There might be a } highlighted red right at the bottom you need to delete to make it work.

Still the occasional blue flash though.

Edit: Too many flashes... back to blue :).

Dang. I was about to post about this issue. I never used to have this problem a few years back when I first installed the skin but may be a recent chrome update has had some sort of impact on the skin/extension. I love the black skin so much though so it's something I'll have to live with i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom