Ched Evans

Caporegime
DM was not in the court and has not seen and reviewed the evidence. So his excuses for why this is not a rape, do not hold any weight neither does the excuse of the 'it's her responsibility of how drunk she got'.

He was found guilty in a court of law, had his appeal rejected.

Soldato
She was drunk so it's not the girls fault?? What?

Sorry but that's BS and using the analogy of drink driving is perfectly apt. "sorry your honour, it's not my fault I killed everyone driving, I was drunk". Adults are responsible for their own actions, drunk or not.

Caporegime
She was drunk so it's not the girls fault?? What?

Sorry but that's BS and using the analogy of drink driving is perfectly apt. "sorry your honour, it's not my fault I killed everyone driving, I was drunk". Adults are responsible for their own actions, drunk or not.

So if you go out and get too drunk, and are raped, it is your fault?

Soldato
White Knights in full effect today.

Clearly you don't go anywhere where these kind of girls parade around teasing anything that walks.

I have no doubt she went out, had sex with a couple of guys, woke up, regretted it and decided she wanted to 1up them some way.

Caporegime
White Knights in full effect today.

Clearly you don't go anywhere where these kind of girls parade around teasing anything that walks.

Jesus ****ing christ.

You know what, on my student nights out I see all sorts of girls wearing not a lot, to barely anything. You know what? I do not think they are teasing me, nor 'asking for it'.

I cannot express what I want to say in a civil manner. Abhorrent.

Soldato
We're getting a tad sidetracked here.

The issue is whether someone convicted of certain of crimes should be able to work in certain professions once they've 'done their time', 'paid their penance' etc.

The danger with those who argue this crime this, that career that is it all becomes a bit trial by public, all too subjective and all a bit mob rule.

The law states at this time that Ched Evans should be allowed to work as a professional footballer and should do so without prejudice.

The politicians showed their true colours demonstrating that populist policies should come before idealist by backing the mob and it's not helped anything. If they're serious about convicted rapists not working in the public eye they should put forward legislative change so that they don't. Otherwise shut up.

I feel a bit sorry for the lad. Sure he made a big mistake but people do, people change, people should be allowed a second chance in a manner in which they do best anything else would be a waste. All this judgement and condemnation from people that don't really know him / what occurred is just wrong.

Soldato
You are a rapist in the making. Teasing = you have the right to shag me. :o

If you're both consenting it isn't rape, drunk or not. Because she wakes up the next day it still doesn't make it rape. I think this is where some of us are having disagreements here. Fundamentally, we are seeing the situation from differing perspectives. Some believe she was raped, others believe she wasn't.

If you believe she was raped then understandably I realise why you would be shocked at a comment about women who choose to be quite loose.

Soldato
We're getting a tad sidetracked here.

The issue is whether someone convicted of certain of crimes should be able to work in certain professions once they've 'done their time', 'paid their penance' etc.

The danger with those who argue this crime this, that career that is it all becomes a bit trial by public, all too subjective and all a bit mob rule.

The law states at this time that Ched Evans should be allowed to work as a professional footballer and should do so without prejudice.

The politicians showed their true colours demonstrating that populist policies should come before idealist by backing the mob and it's not helped anything. If they're serious about convicted rapists not working in the public eye they should put forward legislative change so that they don't. Otherwise shut up.

I feel a bit sorry for the lad. Sure he made a big mistake but people do, people change, people should be allowed a second chance in a manner in which they do best anything else would be a waste. All this judgement and condemnation from people that don't really know him / what occurred is just wrong.

He hasn't done his time.

Soldato
Jesus ****ing christ.

You know what, on my student nights out I see all sorts of girls wearing not a lot, to barely anything. You know what? I do not think they are teasing me, nor 'asking for it'.

I cannot express what I want to say in a civil manner. Abhorrent.

You took the teasing comment literally. I meant actually **** teasers, actual slappers, who go out with the sole intention of getting laid with whoever they end up with. Evidence suggests that this girl was exactly like that. Now I understand if you haven't ever experienced that, carry on with your rage posts though :)

Don
DM was not in the court and has not seen and reviewed the evidence. So his excuses for why this is not a rape, do not hold any weight neither does the excuse of the 'it's her responsibility of how drunk she got'.

He was found guilty in a court of law, had his appeal rejected.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you weren't present, saw or reviewed evidence at Gerrard's hearing where he was cleared of assault/affray a few years back? Did that stop you forming an opinion that he was guilty and that he beat up a DJ over a song?

I seem to remember you being quite clear that he was guilty, despite him being cleared and you not examining all the evidence.

Soldato
If you're both consenting it isn't rape, drunk or not. Because she wakes up the next day it still doesn't make it rape. I think this is where some of us are having disagreements here. Fundamentally, we are seeing the situation from differing perspectives. Some believe she was raped, others believe she wasn't.

The case seems to boil down to this point.

The girl accused two people of of a rape that she could not remember, on account of this amnesia apparently being sufficient to indicate that she was unable to properly consent.

The first accused was cleared because video evidence provided enough doubt as to her incapacity (she doesn't appear greatly incapacitated). How the second accused can then be convicted beyond reasonable doubt is somewhat odd.

Seedy behaviour Evans is guilty of, but this does not equal rape.

The public outrage seems to be part around the word "rape" and part around lack of remorse. If he vehemently disagrees with the conviction and is appealing, then this seems to explain lack of statement regarding remorse. The disappointing nature of mob rule is what it is. Sensible rape debate is impossible for such a media sensitized subject.

Back
Top Bottom