Starbucks gold rewards

Soldato
I have been a gold member for a couple of years, 1 tall drink a day mon-fri and the occasional one at the weekend.

I knew every 15 drinks you get a free drink of choice - any size, anything. What I didn't know was that you also get free extra shots, free syrups, free whipped cream and free origin espresso!

http://www.starbucks.co.uk/card/rewards

The above could end up saving me £2 a drink! (a shot, espresso or syrup is 50p)

Starbucks isn't the best coffee but it gets me out the office for 10 minutes

Caporegime
I have a Starbucks gold card.

I do not get a drink with the aim to get that free drink. The bonus is convenience that i can pay with my phone, it is set to auto top up as well. I also believe that any purchases counts, doesn't need to be a drink. Getting a muffin counts as a Star on the card.

Every now and then they just give you a free drink. I had 3 free drinks over the christmas holiday and I did not buy 45 coffees from there. I think I bought 1.

Underboss
Douwe Egberts costs me £3 or somesuch, lasts me 3-4 weeks from a 200g jar.

Crazy how much starbucks/costa et al is - I don't really like the coffee either.

Caporegime
ah, but squash isn't as nice whereas Nescafe is far superior :D

I disagree....

One thing I have also noticed. My coffee mugs are spotless and it's over 5 years old, no stain at all. It's not because I wash it the moment i finish my drink, it's because I only have real coffee.

I did have an instant once, it stained so bad !

Douwe Egberts costs me £3 or somesuch, lasts me 3-4 weeks from a 200g jar.

Crazy how much starbucks/costa et al is - I don't really like the coffee either.

You don't like instant coffee...have you tried a proper coffee, not from Starbucks, but made by someone who knows what they are doing, not with beans that was roasted months ago sat in a warehouse.

Soldato
OP
As I posted - I don't really go for the coffee, more to get me out the office for 10 minutes. Its just a bonus I get free shots, syrup etc.

'Get an even bigger boost. Have an extra shot – or more than one – for free.'

Sounds like you can have more than one for free

Soldato
Have you been to Buckstar?

As far as I know I have never been in a coffee bar though I might have gone into an independent one whilst waiting to attend an appointment last year. If I remember correctly it was expensive frothy and not particularly hot and that is with all these steam spouts or whatever being inserted into the cup of Latte. I think that is what it was called.

Soldato
I have a gold card - there's one next to my office which I pop onto when I'm in the mood for something fancier than a filter coffee. They do a lot of offers, which makes it easy to keep the gold status and you can occasionally get Starbucks gift cards at large discounts to face value at Groupon etc so I tend to load up my balance then and run it down. It also works in the US/Canada with a perfect exchange rate.

Back
Top Bottom