Prison Architect

Soldato
I like this game but I think it is getting a little over complex with wiring etc.

Sometimes developers go too far and I think this is one of them! :rolleyes:

Soldato
I like this game but I think it is getting a little over complex with wiring etc.

Sometimes developers go too far and I think this is one of them! :rolleyes:

The complexity would be fine if everything was introduced and explained properly to you. The last time I fired up prison architect (which was a few versions ago) it dumped me in a completely empty area and told to get on with it. Because I am very bad at prison architect this usually ends in a complete failure to get a decent prison started, usually through overspending for the bare necessities of a small prison despite taking every grant available. With some tutorials where you build or alter some prisons based on step by step instruction from the game which explain the majority of the features I'm sure I would have a much better time with it

Associate
Just thought id try and bring this thread back to life! On my mobile at the moment but when I get the chance ill post up some prison screenshots.
Also if anyone struggling getting used to this game ill help out wherever I can, I'm still learning but put a few hours into this game and always end up with working,high value prisons.

Associate
Huh - long time no post! Suprised!

Anyway, this releases on october 6th!

Also today they had a live event - in which they announced 2 more game modes at release.
Story Mode and Escape Mode.

The latter sounds awesome, fully fledged out 'play as a prisoner' mode! You can do anything that your other prisoners can do.

And for those who haven't followed it recently, quite a lot has been added still including gangs.

Cant wait for this!

Vid here if anyone interested, starting 10 mins in:

Associate
I've started playing this again, bought it a while back and hadn't really gave it the time it needed but this weekend decided to go for the install.

Finding it a lot more user friendly to get to grips with, think I struggled to get into it first time around because I found you were just chucked in to deal with it.

Associate
I played the first 3 campaign chapters and it's pretty decent, teaches you the ins and outs of running a prison. Before you were simply left to learn of your own accord. I also love the fact that it teaches you how to deal with the aftermath of a riot, like it knows that it going to happen sooner rather than later :D

Soldato
I played this game way back and really enjoyed it. But, I stopped playing because I wanted to wait until it was released and didn't want to be fed up playing it.

Then I forgot about it until I saw this thread!! :)

Back
Top Bottom