Combi Boiler & two new radiators

Associate
I am looking at getting a new combi boiler (bosch combi) with smartwave installed to replace my old boiler. I'm lookng to have the boiler in the loft. What quote should I be looking at. The first plumber is coming out Wednesday to quote the works.

Associate
Surely no one can guess that as :

1: What bosch combi?
2: is the boiler in the loft now or does it need moving along with all the pipe work?
3: are you going to need a vertical flue with a roof kit?

Associate
OP
1) Edit WORCESTER GREENSTAR 30SI COMPACT GAS COMBI BOILER as it has hot water temperature control

2) its in the master bedroom (seriously)

3) there is an existing flue in the roof from the old system which was in place before this system.

Last edited:
Associate
The new boiler will need to be fitted with its own flue and roof terminal so the fact there is one there doesn't make much difference really.

Although I would imagine the new boiler would be best suited on one of the walls with the flue exiting horizontally through the brick

Soldato
Shouldn't cost more just because you change location. All they need to do is tap into the pipes in the new location and seal up the pipes in the old location. Thats all they did here.

Associate
Shouldn't cost more just because you change location. All they need to do is tap into the pipes in the new location and seal up the pipes in the old location. Thats all they did here.

Of course they will supply lengths of copper, the fittings and the time to do it for free

Tea Drinker
Don

Yeah the gas will magically find its way there and a hole will magically appear in an external wall as well as the power and thermostat control wiring

Back
Top Bottom