Using Citrix & RDP...issue plaguing Citrix but not RDP - using same software

Soldato
A client of ours is using our software within a Citrix environment and they’re having stability issues, mainly the software is crashing & kicking the users out.

This only happens via Citrix as when tested on their infrastructure via RDP (possibly to the same server) no such issue happens.

I’ve spoken to their IT and they’re not aware of an event viewer style log for Citrix allowing them to track who is connected to which server and their activity – I’m not a Citrix guru, so taking his word for it.

In order to try and isolate the cause of this, I need to know what troubleshooting options are available.

Suggestions please?

Associate
what Citrix environment are you using?

Citrix XenServer
Citrix XenDesktop

Are they only getting kicked out of the particular software or is it the whole citrix session that is crashing?

How many hosts in the farm? have you tried limiting it so the users can only connect to 1 server for the software that keeps crashing to see if it is maybe an issue on a different host?

Associate
All of this is manageable via Citrix Appcenter, from there they can see what users are connected to what servers.

i cant say this would give the OP visibility as to what is causing the issue, would only be able to see servers\sessions\published apps etc or maybe you can and i just havnt found it yet hehe

Soldato
AppCentre is the latest version of Delivery Console basically, but it does give you a lot more information as its a merge of EdgeSight and Delivery console. If the OP is on XA 6.5+ then it is a good place to start.

Other good places to start is to narrow it down to the application, or possibly a server in the farm? You need to prove whether it is definitely Citrix at fault, or could it be a server in the farm that is at fault, that sort of thing. We don't know enough about the estate to go into any sort of diagnostics here.

Back
Top Bottom