Hot Dogs

Soldato
So I like hot dogs, but in the UK we seem to have the worst kind thrown at us basically tinned Mechanically recovered turkey or chicken YUK.

I tend to buy Herta pork franks but they don't match up to beef franks that can be purchased in a decent hot dog/burger restaurant but I am struggling to find somewhere to buy them for home use to make up my own hot dogs, anyone know of a decent supplier I cant be the only hot dog lover on OCUK.

We are talking gourmet here guys not the burger van hot dog you get every Saturday at the football!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Never looked at the label so don't know if they are mechanically recovered, but Lidl do jars of Brockwurst that I really like. I'm sure you'll find something you like in there as a lot ofthe products are German - check the fresh chiller cabinets as well.

Soldato
polish or german sausages make some amazing hot dogs. make some crispy onions, maybe mix a little spice into the flour coating etc. Or try it with some lightly fried apple to mix it up.

Or, just follow the Icelandic rules. Its all in the order of the layers, and its with all the condiments. Heres the wiki for the stand, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bæjarins_Beztu_Pylsur
You can find more info from more googling.
Its been rated/voted somewhere as the best hotdogs in the EU, or maybe the world. But I can't remember where or when. I know they are pretty freaking ace though, although that might just be the condiments that are incredibly tasty and a nice change to just ketchup/mustard you get in a normal supermarket here.

Remoulade makes everything better :D

Man of Honour
polish or german sausages make some amazing hot dogs. make some crispy onions, maybe mix a little spice into the flour coating etc. Or try it with some lightly fried apple to mix it up.

Or, just follow the Icelandic rules. Its all in the order of the layers, and its with all the condiments. Heres the wiki for the stand, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bæjarins_Beztu_Pylsur
You can find more info from more googling.
Its been rated/voted somewhere as the best hotdogs in the EU, or maybe the world. But I can't remember where or when. I know they are pretty freaking ace though, although that might just be the condiments that are incredibly tasty and a nice change to just ketchup/mustard you get in a normal supermarket here.

Remoulade makes everything better :D

Celeriac remoulade is really really awesome :)

Soldato
OP
I already use the lidl ones that come in a jar, I just want a beef one as that's what one of the burger/hot dog places here sell, it seems impossible to get decent franks here, costco is miles away from me lol.

Back
Top Bottom