Soppy relationship advice

Soldato
1306866467_jumping_out_the_window.gif

before you come home to your cat being boiled in a pan on the stove and your PC smashed to smithereens. This one will turn nasty bro so get out while you can.

Associate
As others have said, try and get you gf and your friend on talking terms as friends.

I felt threatened (at the start of my relationship with my bf) by a female friend who had know my bf since they were at school and there was a little bit of history there (genuinely a little bit of history) that was more then friends, but nothing ever came of it.

She is prettier then me, slimmer than me, and (on the outside) a lot more out going then me.

However, once I got to know her, I realised why they never took it any further than that one little bit of history, and I didnt feel threatened anymore and we have become friends now too.

Your gf's feeling are normal! In her head, you make an effort to speak to another girl 2-3 times a week so she is bound to think that this friend is prettier/fitter/smarter/better then she is. She also probably thinks that if your friend lived locally then you would have moved in with her and be with her.

Arrange a meet up with you, your gf and your friend. Get your friend to come to London and see you both or go up to where your friend lives. Get the contact there, leave them together to get talking. Your gf needs to make her own mind up about your friend, then she should accept that you are just friends.

Associate
Lock her in a room with your best mate, let them realise the reason they like you is that they have stuff in common, let them become bff, profit, 3some, post pics on social media.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
She is a nut, dump and find someone more stable.

Her insecurity will manifest itself as the relationship moves on, and in time will want to control friends, time spent doing stuff etc.

Associate
why do you speak to your girl mate that often? do you talk to all your friends that often? i don't talk to my mum that often! surely you can still be friends with her without chatting sweet nothings on the phone 3 times a week? it's not even a massive change really.

Soldato
However I can't find a way to prove this. And I know, I shouldn't have to. But I really don't want to lose this girl other this problem.
On the other hand, I don't want to lose one of my closest friends to keep the relationship going - that's not right or fair.

Any ideas? :(

You can prove it by cutting off the best friend. I personally don't understand what you're getting from talking to your friend a few times per week and I suspect your gf doesn't understand it either. Also, it's not exactly manly if you can't go through life without regularly talking to a friend who lives nowhere near you.

AJK

AJK

Associate
You can prove it by cutting off the best friend. I personally don't understand what you're getting from talking to your friend a few times per week and I suspect your gf doesn't understand it either. Also, it's not exactly manly if you can't go through life without regularly talking to a friend who lives nowhere near you.

Really? Or is that supposed to be some kind of joke?

Back
Top Bottom