time will tell I guess
except for the 34um65...

A point very well made. Lets have a think for a moment... We know:

25UM65 = 2560x1080 25" flat
29UM65 = 2560x1080 29" flat
34UM65 = 2560x1080 34" flat
34UM95 = 3440x1440 34" flat
34UM97 = 3440x1440 34" curved

So where do we think the 34UM67 will fit in? One would have to assume it will be 2560x1080 based on the above...

Soldato
Depressing but not unexpected. Looks like we're stuck with 60Hz and no Freesync/Gsync for the foreseeable future if you're after a 21:9 1440p monitor.

Soldato
I have no problem with 60Hz.

Me either TBH. I'd just gotten my hopes up reading the LG press releases that we'd be getting a 21:9 1440p freesync monitor with a higher refresh rate !

If nothing is announced by the end of the week I'll probably pick up a 34" 21:9 1440p display this month. I just wanted to wait until CES is finished to see if anything else new is announced but it's no looking like it.

Soldato
I sent this for repair this week. Its my 4th one lol.
While I have no backlight bleed with this one since I applied the fix I kept getting a tear down the center of the screen that slowly happened more and more so I sent it to LG to get it fixed.
They have told me they have replaced the LCD module?
Im not really sure what that means lol any ideas?
The issue seemed to be releated to refresh rate as it would happen less if I downclocked the refresh rate.
Anyone know what they mean by LCD module?

Associate
Having the same problem (although something caught my eye and I'm testing if it works now, so far so good) I'm curious about the state of your BLB after getting it back, if the replacement procedure of the module can introduce the BLB (I don't have any and I'm scared to send it back). Also what that will do to the DP1.2 issues.

Soldato
ill take some pics when I get it back showing the bleed. I wouldn't have thought the module would make a difference to bleed unless they have to take the whole screen off to put it in. I just hope the tear issue is fixed. they have said if I still have it they will take more information this time from me and if its still the same they will do me an exchange for a similar monitor.

Associate
Looking forward for the results. Did they cover the shipping costs?

On my end, while messing with the refresh rate (trying your method), I saw something curious: the detected sync polarity was +/- (in the CRU), however the documented polarity (in the pdf from LG) for this resolution is +/+, so I did a reset of my custom resolutions and changed the default ones to +/+. So far this seems to work or maybe the tears have become way less frequent, but I haven't seen one in a while and before that it was like every hour at least.

I've also found out how to calibrate it to below 80cd/m² with TrueColorFinder, but on my display I can only go down to 66 for some reason (0 brightness via OSD gives ~50).

Back
Top Bottom