Insane dreams you've had lately?

Associate
Spiders. Again. Last night they were furry orange/black tarantula-type things crawling all over the floor. They were so big they couldn't be squashed with a slipper. One even sprayed its hairs over me. I think I woke up at that point.

Same for me last night. Specifically Huntsman spiders absolutely everywhere. I dream a lot about my phone and normally about getting it wet which is weird as I couldn't really care less about it.

Soldato
I have recently started having dream about my sister in law, My missus is there instructing both of us how to have sex, step by step kind of thing,

and its as if she is talking about something normal like Eastenders, while I can perceive how weird this is, but agree and carry on.

cant say I am disappointed, as the sister in Law is a younger model of the missus, so to speak

Soldato
I dreamt that I met all my exes one after the other in some elaborate adventure 3 nights ago. They disliked me in the dream too.

Associate
I've been getting a lot of vivid dreams that past week. The first one was pretty intense.

For some reason I was at my old primary school at night but I was getting followed by some 'dark' presence. My old primary school is a very old building on a hill next to a church. I went to the lower garden of the old school and found a woman there (I think she looked like my sister). The lower garden had only one entrance/exit by some steps that went up hill. Obviously the 'dark' presence came down these steps (why the hell did my dream self go to the lower garden for anyway?). A giant spotlight shined down onto me and the woman and I instantly paniced and tried to run away from the light with the woman trying my hardest to 'save' her but I was instantly grabbed by some puppet strings when I started running. At this point I did not think about the woman and she no longer appeared during the dream but while I was attached to the puppet strings I still had some movement so I made my way towards the West wall to get into the churchyard in a massive struggle. (Why would I head for a churchyard when there is a road over the East wall? :S ). Anyway as I made it into the churchyard by elegantly struggling over the wall I ended up warping to a countryside pathway somewhere else in Malvern, this path was next to a train track and commonland and as a train passed by the dream stopped...

Another dream I was stroking my cat and as I went across the tail about half of the tail come off in a diagonal cut and it was pretty gory and I saw my face looking disgusted.

I'm probably having lots of dreams lately because I am currently doing mock exams.

Soldato
Most dreams I can remember tend to involve running away from someone. Usually it's someone who wants to hurt me or arrest me, but occasionally, it's a friend or lover who just wants to help me. Either way, the need to get away from my pursuer feels urgent.

Man of Honour
Last night - I was at a football stadium watching two top teams play but I kept being distracted by the suit of armour in the living room of the castle. It eventually came to life and chased me down the hallway so I went down the big water slide and hit as many buttons on the way down as I could. The last thing I remember was that the red sliders were winning.

Dreams make no ****ing sense. I find it particularly amusing when you get a sense of happiness or dread from something completely illogical... like when the doorstop is the only thing you care about.

Soldato
I had an odd dream last night. I was in the living room and noticed a mahoosive spider sitting in a web above the TV, near the ceiling. The body of the spider was about 1/4 of the width of the TV and.... it had a duck's head poking out the top of it, the duck being still alive!

I remember trying to free the duck (but not sure how as I was a bit freaked out) in the end the spider died, think the duck was OK, but the remains of the spider looked a bit like the face of predator when it takes the mask off.

Soldato
Not sure about insane, but I had an odd one this morning.

I went back to a job I used to do over 10 years ago. The old manager was still there, however I couldn't find my old desk, which I thought they should have kept for me as it had all my stuff in. Instead it had been thrown out when they replaced all the desks with new ones, however they were tiny - almost child sized. Everyone was trying to convince me that this was fine, however I got angry and told them I couldn't work like this, stormed out and went back to my current job. And there was my old desk waiting for me, filled with my old stuff. And then I woke up.

It's the sort of dream that makes you wonder if it has some meaning, however it was plenty weird as the old manager retired a long time ago and I have never taken a desk with me when changing jobs. I certainly wouldn't want to go back to what I was doing all that time ago, plus I have no idea what the stuff in the desk was that seemed to important to me, or why (if it was important) I would have left it behind in the first place.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't know about a dream more like a nightmare. I have tried to understand why I keep having this one, but I am at a loss. :confused:

For some reason I am in Africa and I am all alone, when I see a pride of lions coming towards me. I try to hide from them, but they find me and start to attack me. I am there being eaten alive by these lions and I can feel and hear every sound of them feeding on me. :( Then I will wake-up. I've had this on and off for about 2 years now and this is the first time I have ever mentioned it.

I don't know what to make of it. :confused:

Some people say that they have a dream were they are falling and wake-up just before they hit the ground, is this my version of that type of dream? I just don't know.

Soldato
Had a couple of dreams recently where I was a drug dealer. In the first I bought some sort of drug that was like a match, with a sugar cube on the end. The sugar cube was plucked from the match and crumbled. In the second, I was arrested, and my defence was I didn't make the drug, just bought it in bulk and sold it to people.

No idea what these meant or were about!

Soldato
Oh lots.

My hair falling out, blisters developing along my hairline and then them turning into tennis ball sized abscesses which I had to go out in public with.

Being involved in wargames where I was piloting a submarine and having to ram the sub into a battle ship - they would then bounce off each other. This happens a few times until we all get attacked by flying whale sharks.

Somebody commits suicide over a video call.

I purchase some coat hangers. They were really fancy coat hangers.

Having to have my jaw wired shut, the wires come undone. I then have to communicate to the hospital staff what is happening while they all speak in Spanish. At some point they hand me a telephone and expect me to explain the situation. There's also like, gauze down my throat or something and I keep having to put it back down there after fiddling with it.

Last edited:
My weirdest dreams usually come from cat-naps rather than night time:

A common theme is where people (usually strangers) have somehow got past my house's locked door and let themselves in while I'm upstairs. Usually it's not malicious, although it's still concerning, and I've had a few occasions where people are dismantling my kitchen surfaces and taking furniture away etc. These dreams obviously come about because I'm a house owner. Never had them during my student / renting days.

Weirdest dream I had lately... I was in what appeared to be a normal car, step-dad driving it. In James Bond style, the car then turned into a boat. He said it would cut a few minutes by going across a lake. It was quite fast, like a speed boat, then it got slower and slower, water leaking into the boat, before finally spluttering to a stop on a river bank. We got off ok, and he tried to start the engine which always ran for a few seconds before stopping again. Every time this happened, the boat got smaller and smaller until it was the size of a lawn mover!

Soldato
No... that is not a crazy dream... that is a bog-standard boringly normal pathetic excuse for a dream :p (i tease).

My "crazy dreams" do not relate to this planet/reality what-so-ever.

They usually do not even translate into human language... they're usually a bucket-load of fun :D
So true. A crazy dream is abstract and absurd. Mine are worryingly absurd though.

Back
Top Bottom