BT/Openreach rant!!!

Associate
If it's any concellation they're just as bad with businesses also. At my old job we used to resell ADSL and 90% of the problems would be OpenReach or BT screwing something up or not activating lines etc - but they would do anything not to accept responsibility.

Associate
I've recently just got internet after 13 engineer appointments, I initially ordered late August! Good luck, the only reason I got anywhere with them was by finding the CEO's email and getting put through to the management.

Associate
i was about to ditch my vm package and move to bt
however when i checked there to arrange a time for the work to be done
i found out that they were only going to install a phone line
no broadband no tv
i called to cancel and was in formed that the boradband package i had supposedly been sold wasn't even available in my area

lucky vm retentions called asking me why i was leaving and offered me a cheaper deal

Soldato
Email the CEO.

This is the best advice honestly. I had an issue when moving into my place and ordering the service back in November, 2 weeks later and BT were still faffing and kept on cancelling my service on dates without reason!

Lost my patience with them entirely and emailed the head of BT customers (Libby Barr), she was out of the office at the time (auto-away response) but in fairness, I got a reply from a colleague of hers within 30mins and a few hours later had a dedicated person assigned to who sorted everything and had my service activated and useable within 30hrs, magic.

Soldato
OP
After answering and hanging up on two calls from overseas call-centres yesterday afternoon (I was at work), received one from a UK based one at 6.20pm telling me that they had received my email and diagram and Openreach has assured them that the necessary work has been carried out.

I'm getting quite exited. If I'm not posting back here tonight, you'll know why!

Soldato
OP
Received a phone call at 16:00 from a call centre telling me that an engineer had been trying to contact me but had now left the area and would not be keeping the appointment. Received no call on my mobile, which has always been the number BT use to contact me. Dialling 1471 on the temporary line at the old premises logs a call at 13:30 from a number I do not recognise. No message was left on the answer phone. Or he's rang the number that they cut off on the 7th January

Wow, just wow :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Received another call on the 21st apologizing for the missed appointment. Engineer says that he knocked and left a calling card. He's either lying or has been knocking at the wrong door.

New appointment this afternoon. I've got a feeling he's going to turn up, ask why the re-routing hasn't been done and leave.

Soldato
OP
For the love of God!

Sat in the porch from 1pm onwards so that there was no way of missing the visit. Get a phone call at 16:25 from an engineer. He's asking whether my phone line is now up and running as his notes indicate that an engineer has been at the house, installed the line and faceplate and left.

Well, certain words were uttered and then he told me that due to my rude telephone manner, he would not be visiting the premises.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm getting a feeling of deja vu, you have my sympathy for whatever its worth :S literally only way I got it resolved was going to the head of openreach and having her on an open line to the engineer til it was done.

Caporegime
For the love of God!

Sat in the porch from 1pm onwards so that they was no way of missing the visit. Get a phone call at 16:25 from an engineer. He's asking whether my phone line is now up and running as his notes indicate that an engineer has been at the house, installed the line and faceplate and left.

Well, certain words were uttered and then he told me that due to my rude telephone manner, he would not be visiting the premises.

Who is your ISP?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the offer.

God, it's frustrating. I've told numerous people on the phone, supplied them with site plans as to why it's impossible to connect me up in an afternoon yet they still persist in telling me otherwise.

Today was the last straw. Phoning me up and telling me that it's all connected and working!!! How? When? Where? I have no line attached to the house and the work needed to do so is not going to take a couple of hours.

Man of Honour
I ordered it on the 10th Dec.

Initial installation was supposed to be on the 30th Dec.

Broadband/phone was finally installed on the 9th Jan.

Which was upgraded to Fibre Pro on the 23rd Jan.

I received 12 months half price line rental discount from Sky for the delays.

Back
Top Bottom