New problem - Yosemite total lockup

Associate
So before I did a clean install I had a nasty problem where my rMBP would simply freeze and needed the power button held down to switch off. I assumed a clean install would fix this but it's still here! :mad:

What can I do from here? I have pretty much no idea what to do, the software is newly installed and I didn't back up from TM so nothing dodgy got transferred either. :confused:

Associate
OP
Any idea what could cause such a problem? Don't really have money to get it fixed right now so it might be a case of waiting until it's totally borked/I have the money to get it fixed. Only two or three months out of warranty, too.

Associate
OP
Have you run the latest software update? Have you reset the PRAM and/or SMC?

Yeah everything is updated but nope to the last two, would not even know how or why without a bit of research.

run the hardware test a few times to see if it picks anything up. http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201257

When you did the yosemite install, did you wipe the hdd first? if not it would have been an upgrade not a clean install.

Cheers, I'll give that a go tomorrow. It was a clean install, I had a Maverick install and a Yosemite beta on a partition. I wiped Yosemite but couldn't extend my Maverick partition so I nuked it all from a USB install. I didn't restore anything but what I could hack out of my iPhone as I was dumb enough to lose it all during backup.

Back
Top Bottom