Is your work keyboard disgusting?

Soldato
I saw a disgusting keyboard sitting in front of a guy being interviewed on some subject which got me thinking.

What like is your work space paying particular attention to the KB and mouse? What happens if you have to hot desk? Do you have your own kit which you put away when not using the work station?

Is your KB covered in bacon roll grease, doughnut sugar and/or sandwich crumbs

Soldato
Mine is pretty clean on all fronts. I don't like mess, so my desk is fairly tidy.

A lady who sits near me has the most appalling keyboard. It's completely covered in make up and bits of food, and it's gross.

Soldato
Clean enough, but once when I was in another client and office, I got locked out of my account when trying to use a hot desk.
Two of the keyboard keys were fused together by some sort of wax, causing me to type my password incorrectly.

I don't work there anymore.

Soldato
I wouldn't say it's dirty.

Mostly just worn the key markings off over the past few months, got hands like a rhinos arse, they just sand down keyboards.

Associate
Some are, some aren't. When you work somewhere without fixed desks, and about 12,000 people here on a daily basis, you kind of just take what you get given and get on with it.

Soldato
i hosed a laptop down in dettol anti-bac spray once before i went anywhere near it. was covered in grease, food, nicotine and god knows what.

Soldato
Underneath the keys mine is pretty grim, although I do eat my desk. On the whole my desk itself is fairly tidy/clutter free and I clean up straight after anything is eaten. If it gets too bad I'll just pop into the store room and grab another :o (bog standard HP workstation k/b)

At home though I only really drink water (occasionally tea) at my desk and I don't eat there - I like to keep my personal stuff in nice condition.

Back
Top Bottom