Ford Mustang to be released in EU

OcUK Staff
What then have to worry about invalidating warranty, heated or not. Plus the additional hassle of doing it. When it could just come from the factory as standard.

On a brand new car you can do any modification you wish. They can only deny a warranty claim on a brand new car if they can prove your modification caused the problem.

Extended warranties on cars however is very different.

OcUK Staff
^^ Ahh that is interesting Gibbo I did not realise there was a difference.

Yes as new warranty is not an insurance policy, so you can modify the engine, so if the AC breaks then warranty will be no issue. If engine pops, they have to prove what you did to the engine caused it to pop to deny the warranty claim.

Extended warranties are normally an insurance policy and as such they are far more stricter and you have to negotiate any special terms with your dealership.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Visited Ford, decided on magnetic looks very classy in flesh, a little darker than I wanted but Ingot silver is to light. They said they will come back to me with a build date and are asking about Recaro's, if UK gets the full USA Track pack and not just larger brakes and LSD. Also asked them if they knew why the UK car had less power, that confused them but suspect UK cars are tuned for lower octane fuel or tighter emmissions at a guess, if the case not a worry as mine will be mapped straight away. ;)

They confirmed me as the first deposit and as they are a HALO dealership and having only three confirmed orders so far then getting one of the first builds should be no issue. :)

So I guess a lot of people are a little slow in turning their deposits into confirmed orders.

So I went with Magnetic, Ebony and the custom pack in the V8 fastback of course. :)

P.S. On a bad note, think a camera van got me on the way, was sat on an island in the middle of 4 lanes, 50mph zone I was doing 60ish when I spotted it and quickly braked, but probably got me, oh well did a clean license but might be getting 3 points now. :(

Associate
ETA on delivery date for your order Gibbo? Dunno whether to bother calling in on a dealership to get on a reserve list, but if there was any chance of seeing one soon i might.

OcUK Staff
ETA on delivery date for your order Gibbo? Dunno whether to bother calling in on a dealership to get on a reserve list, but if there was any chance of seeing one soon i might.

They don't know, I guess it depends on the spec I've chosen, as I suspect the cars are pre-built or are being built in what Ford will think is a common colour/spec combo. They said they will come back to me when they know more as everything right now is very limited and unknown.

Probably Q4 this year sometime.

Associate
Ahh shame. 35k is pennies compared to its competition. I know it's a Ford and will probably feel like a load of rattling plastic in a few years but theres something about this car that makes me wanna hand my money over and buy.

Soldato
Make sure you get yourself to a Northern meet early next year then. I'll keep hold of my GTR until then I reckon so it'll be good to compare them. Not in straight line speed as a stock Mustang vs modded GTR is a daft comparison. Be good to see handing, ride quality and noise differences though :)

OcUK Staff
Make sure you get yourself to a Northern meet early next year then. I'll keep hold of my GTR until then I reckon so it'll be good to compare them. Not in straight line speed as a stock Mustang vs modded GTR is a daft comparison. Be good to see handing, ride quality and noise differences though :)

I know I've not driven the new Mustang but it won't be able to match a GTR on the road on any statistic, off the mark the GTR will destroy it, on a roll the GTR will still be quicker because its more powerful stock and has much faster shift speed. Handling wise the GTR will destroy it. The only place they might ever be remotely close would be a stock GTR vs a lightly modded S550 Mustang so horsepower similar and some decent tyres on the Mustang like MPSS or cups, but I think the GTR would still be quicker.

35k gets me a 2009/2010 GTR or a brand new Mustang and as much as I like both cars and they are both silly big wide things for UK roads, the Mustang is pulling at my heart strings a lot more, but I think no denying it a GTR is quicker in everyway. :)

The S550 would need 480-500BHP NA (intake, manifolds, exhaust and tune) along with better wider tyres to maybe be as quick, certainly not faster.

Leave the GTR chasing to the Vettes, if the Z06 was coming to UK I'd have one of them, truly insane car, it absolutely obliverates everything, GTR, Ferrari's, GM are making the real fast stuff.

Soldato
It'll certainly give it a run for it's money in the sound department as well as the interior quality! Be interested to see them side by side.

I can always knock the boost down so mines only running ~500hp ;)

OcUK Staff
It'll certainly give it a run for it's money in the sound department as well as the interior quality! Be interested to see them side by side.

I can always knock the boost down so mines only running ~500hp ;)

Haha, I just prefer an NA engine, the sound of the V8 is an easy win for me and I think the styling and interior quality will also be in Fords favour.

Even with you at 500BHP mate, your still doing 0-100mph in around 7s, even if I add some bolt-ons, get her to around 500BHP, it will still only be around 9s and as the launch is dependent on my skill be lucky to see sub 10s. :p

GTR is the faster car, no doubt but I think I will be happier in a Mustang and for the money its kind of hard not to, its a huge amount of car for the money, even the dealership guys are like they can see the prices being increased on future cars potentially, but they were just guessing.

Soldato
GTR is the faster car, no doubt but I think I will be happier in a Mustang and for the money its kind of hard not to, its a huge amount of car for the money, even the dealership guys are like they can see the prices being increased on future cars potentially, but they were just guessing.

Probably will be, but I'm interested in everything bar the speed as a comparison really. I hadn't thought of a Mustang as my next car but it certainly has my attention and for the price point you really can't argue with what's on offer.

The on the road/daily difference between ~500hp Mustang and ~600hp GTR won't be that much as you're never wringing it's next on a public road, so it's more of the other stuff that I'm interested in.

Look forward to seeing/hearing it though. Are you selling the 911 then?

OcUK Staff
Gibbo, what do you mean by this? ive paid my deposit and told the guy what i want. is there something else i have to do?

To get first batch I believe you had to pay a deposit during championship league or before, if you did this then you should be OK, otherwise might have a longer wait.

Back
Top Bottom