LG to Introduce 34-inch IPS 21:9 UltraWide (Model UM95) monitor

Soldato
they pick it up themselves so it doesn't cost you a penny. They said it will take about a week and then I should get it back fixed hopefully.

Associate
Matson, did you buy from OCUK? It is advertised as coming with an on-site warranty, that should mean an on-site repair or swap-out, not taking it away for a week surely?

Soldato
Matson, did you buy from OCUK? It is advertised as coming with an on-site warranty, that should mean an on-site repair or swap-out, not taking it away for a week surely?

After the 28 day(14?) period or whatever it is you have to send it away to LG to get it fixed.
OCUK said this to me themselves.
I don't mind really as I have a rubbish little 14inch spare monitor :D but its been over a week now and still waiting.
It was fixed yesterday but I have to wait for them to send it to the courier.

Soldato
Still haven't got mine back yet. They sent it to the wrong depot lol.
Delivery companies from my experience always seem to be useless.

Soldato
All within the UK. Its been fixed since Monday according to LG but wasn't sent to the courier for dispatch yet. Still wasn't by wednsday so I called LG and they gave the number for the courier. Called them and they said they will send it today. Got a call this morning that it had been sent to the wrong depot so now I will get it tomorrow. Nothing is ever easy lol.

Soldato
got it back. Still have the same issue :(. not even bothering to look at the backlight bleed. Just want this issue fixed or a replacement.

Associate
Well, that's bad news :( On the other hand it's not very easy to spot by running a couple of control (static?) images for a couple of seconds (I assume that's how it works in QC), so I see how it can slip through.
I guess this means that:
a) LG has a bunch of faulty parts
b) they replaced the wrong part
c) they are all faulty, but only a few people see it because of different usage (lots of video content and games)
d) they are all faulty, but it shows only in particular configurations (like ours)

Try to go for an exchange (high risk BLB), or maybe you can get some technician on the phone to narrow down the thing.
I had high hopes :(

Soldato
I have to send it back again lol. They will basically check again and if its still happening give me a replacement.
They keep asking me for a picture of the issue but that's impossible to get as it happens randomly and so quickly so I don't know how im supposed to take a picture.
Im sure someone posted a picture somewhere of the tomb raider game with a tear down the middle which is exactly what happens but I cant find that picture anywhere.

Associate
It was me :p
IMG0042698_1.jpg

(funny coincidence it's also the game from the display picture in the first post)
But you can also try to force it on yours by overclocking, on mine if I go to like 70Hz the tear is there all the time. If it's not like that on yours I could try to take some pics (maybe even film it) for you tonight.

Last edited:
Soldato
that link for the picture didn't work lol.
I think I have more bleed too now. There quite abit on the right hand side which I cant remember having before.
I would apprechiate some pictures or a video... anything really as LG keep asking me.

Associate
Got it!

(click for large image)

and a sweet slow-mo video :p
http://www.filedropper.com/img2533_1

I hope that'll help them to figure it out...

If you show them the video, do insist on the fact that it happens completely randomly, so they wont expect to see it right away (and send back the monitor with a note that says "works for me")

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, I'm eager to see how (if??) this will be sorted out for Matson. This is my only issue with this otherwise perfect screen :p that and not having freesync but by the time the freesync will come out my LG will be at least 1 year old!

Soldato
Yeah its very annoying lol. This screen is amazing and I love it.
Im not sure how they would fix that. They have said that when they replaced the module its the same as basically replacing the screen and im still seeing that issue.

Associate
Well, maybe they replaced the panel instead of the scaler/circuitboard/whatever (or the other way around), all we know is that not everybody has this so it must be fixable somehow. If we could get the attention of some technical dude from LG maybe... :p

Soldato
Well I gave them your picture and video and they said the engineer will look at it more closely this time and if I still have the same issue when it comes back to me again then its replacement time.

Back
Top Bottom