iPhone 5s unlocking in pocket

Associate
Does anyone have any ideas about this? I have phoned 5 people today in the space of 10 minutes with my phone locked and in my pocket.

I have the finger print scanner enabled so it can just be a case of "my leg slides it across" and opens it.

It has happened more than once.

The last time it happened a few days later my missus was messing with my phone (going through it lol) and saw phone calls to people she works with that I don't even know (iPhone sync thing gave us both each others contacts). Wasn't a problem it's not like we don't have trust lol. We **** about all the time on each other's phones lmao.

Called an 0845 number today because of it :S

Searched around and a few people seem to have had it happen not on a 5s though. Don't want to register on 100s of websites to talk about it so posting it here.

Soldato
Are you running the latest version of iOS and I presume you have already tried restarting the phone to check if it still happens?

Associate
OP
yea i am running the latest os and i restart my phone regularly.

tbh its happened about 2-4 times in the space of 14 months so its pretty hard to put my finger on the problem

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Never heard of this so must be unique for you lol. How can it unlock and call people without your finger print or passcode input? Unless you disabled Siri and then you're knocking the home button in and that useless voice command comes on instead of Siri as Siri is disabled and that calls people? It was a common problem on iPhone 3GS and 4

Soldato
It may be that you are inadvertently holding the home button down and accessing Siri. The fingerprint scanner should not work through a pocket.

Associate
OP
Well that's what I was thinking. Maybe I wasn't Locking my phone or maybe as I put it away I hit the finger print button with my finger.

That doesn't explain how it can make 2-5 seperate phone calls while it is in my pocket. My pants pocket which would require me to shout for Siri to hear it.

I looked it up and there are a few reports of it. No actual fix for it though.

I seriously doubt I am pressing the button or forgetting to lock my phone. If it was one phone call or opening safari or any other app I may think it was a slip of my finger but not phoning multiple people on my recents list.

Associate
OP
It has only done it two or three times in over 12 months. I'm pretty sure they would want me to prove it. I'm due an upgrade end of the year so i wIll be dropping Apple and go samsung. Not Because of this problem.

Back
Top Bottom