OS X 10.10.2 and iOS 8.1.3 released

Soldato
Just a quick general heads-up for this.

10.10.2 claims the following (from http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204210):
Apple said:
This update includes the following improvements:
  • Resolves an issue that might cause Wi-Fi to disconnect
  • Resolves an issue that might cause web pages to load slowly
  • Fixes an issue that could cause Spotlight to load remote email content when this preference is disabled in Mail
  • Improves audio and video sync when using Bluetooth headphones
  • Adds the ability to browse iCloud Drive in Time Machine
  • Improves VoiceOver speech performance
  • Resolves an issue that could cause VoiceOver to echo characters when entering text on a web page
  • Addresses an issue that could cause the input method to switch languages unexpectedly
  • Improves stability and security in Safari
Enterprise content
For enterprise customers, this update:
  • Improves performance for browsing DFS shares in the Finder
  • Fixes an issue where certain Calendar invitations could be displayed at the incorrect time
  • Fixes an issue for Microsoft Exchange accounts where the organizer of a meeting might not be notified when someone accepts an invitation using Calendar
  • Addresses an issue where Safari could continually prompt for credentials when accessing a site protected by NTLM authentication
  • Adds the ability to set "Out of Office" reply dates for Microsoft Exchange accounts in Mail

iOS 8.1.3 can be found anywhere, MacRumors for the sake of it: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/01/27/apple-releases-ios-8-1-3-with-bug-fixes-storage-size-reduction/

Also thought I'd mention, off-topic, that 1Password for iOS and Mac have both been updated today, the iOS update is big: introduces built-in Two-Factor Authentication support (Google Authenticator). No more using Authy, now everything can be managed in one place!

Soldato
OP
Nearly 5 months after the release of 8, it seems they may have addressed the iOS wifi issues :eek:
I found it quite interesting that they fixed some Yosemite Wi-Fi issues, but I only started getting frequent disconnects yesterday, strangely. Hoping this is fixed, will play around when I get back home. Thanks for the heads up!

Soldato
I still get annoyed that I can't update my phone without being on Wifi. I'm at work and my 3G speed is around 20mbit.

Yeah! I've got a 40Mbit of unlimited 4G, it was forcing me to download it on a 4Mbit ADSL connection. SMH.

The networking issues don't seem greatly improved on 10.10.2. I'm convinced there's some underlying DNS issues somewhere in the OS. Certain websites still don't open, or half open after a few minutes. They work just fine on the Mac mini running Mavericks...

Soldato
Nearly 5 months after the release of 8, it seems they may have addressed the iOS wifi issues :eek:

Indeed, although as someone else posted, on our ipad air it started doing frequent disconnects in the past few days, I'd say from Saturday onwards.
The ipad 2 we had, has done them since os8 was put on it.
Weird it only starts showing the issue in abundance the week before they claim to fix it.

Soldato
Cheers for the heads up
icon14.gif

Just updated my iMac/iPhone/iPad but never had any issues beforehand.

Soldato
My MacBook Air has been running like a pig on Yosemite. Hopefully this update will speed it up a bit.

Thanks for the heads up.

Soldato
Just a quick general heads-up for this.

10.10.2 claims the following (from http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204210):

iOS 8.1.3 can be found anywhere, MacRumors for the sake of it: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/01/27/apple-releases-ios-8-1-3-with-bug-fixes-storage-size-reduction/

Also thought I'd mention, off-topic, that 1Password for iOS and Mac have both been updated today, the iOS update is big: introduces built-in Two-Factor Authentication support (Google Authenticator). No more using Authy, now everything can be managed in one place!

Still no Fix for the car owners who saw their iphones stop working with USB since iOS 8 upgrade :(

Soldato
Maybe you have a hardware fault possibley?

My 2011 model runs like the day I purchased it.

I think it was the Bluetooth. I've switched it off and the performance has improved considerably. Or.. I am just kidding myself and it's on the blink!

Back
Top Bottom