• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yeah just called and a nice young man said that I would have to send everything back, now I am a weird autistic guy and I try to keep my house nice and clean so I don't keep the boxes, well I do but rarely.

Thanks gibbo, i'll contact bailey :D

I think i have the reverse autism... i KEEP everything :p

Oh and gibbo WHAT CHOCCIES YOU GUYS LIKE.... i shall bring you a little thankyou when i drop my card off at the shop.

OcUK Staff
Yeah just called and a nice young man said that I would have to send everything back, now I am a weird autistic guy and I try to keep my house nice and clean so I don't keep the boxes, well I do but rarely.

Thanks gibbo, i'll contact bailey :D

Well if the vendor in question refuses it because of lack of box I shall video 8 Pack drop kicking it over the building!* :D

*Joking

Associate
I never understood this, yeah the company might upset you, but never let your gaming experience suffer because you don't like the manufacturer.

If I hated Ford or in the past they messed me about, but they then released a car I wanted, I would buy the car, not gonna deprive myself of something I want because of a past issue. :)

Trouble is when your taking big business and you upset the little guys it's hard to forgive and forget. If things stay as they are with nvidia not willing to refund themselves, they will effectively look at there books and see more sales due to individuals buying both a 970 and 980 and that's not really going to teach them a lesson is it?. Most people on here who are returning have stated there disgust with Nvidia's handling of the matter and yet have decided to give them another £150 to line there pockets.

Brand trust is more important to me then anything as it must be for your company, issuing refunds clearly illustrates that message.

They may be able to earn some trust back in the coming days...we shall see, but untill then they have one less customer.

Associate
lol with hardware, I always keep the boxes.. other people get annoyed since the house is full of PC boxes :D

Lol me too - the spare bedroom is just piled with boxes. The cats love it, Wifey doesn't understand why I keep them all!

I go in there every few years and chuck some old ones away. Especially if I don't actually own the hardware anymore ;D

Soldato
lol with hardware, I always keep the boxes.. other people get annoyed since the house is full of PC boxes :D

You're not the only one..:D

UMmb.jpg

Soldato
@Gibbo, sorry for all the questions :) I'm not used to the AMD power draw and was wondering if my Corsair HX850 would be safe for an overclocked i7 4770k, Swiftech H320 Loop, 2 290x cards, case fans etc.

Thanks! I'm fairly clued up on PSU requirements, but I haven't been able to physically test many AMD cards.

i answered your question 2 times. your psu will be ok as long as u don't oc the 290x much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom